REMOTE PUBLIC INFORMATIONAL HEARING
NOTICE and AGENDA
Saturday, February 27, 2021 10AM
The Select Board for the Town of Pittsfield will hold a public informational hearing by electronic means via Microsoft Teams on Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 10 a.m.to discuss the Australian ballot articles on the 2021 Town Meeting/School District Warning.
Information on how to access the remote hearing:
- By computer: Go to the Town website pittsfieldvt.com. On the homepage under 2021 Town Meeting click on “CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MEETING”. You may have to have to download the free Teams app or sign into your existing Teams account.
- By smartphone, tablet, or other device: Go to the Town website pittsfieldvt.com. On the homepage under 2021
Town Meeting click on “CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MEETING”. Either download the app or join the meeting if you already have the app.
- By telephone: Dial 1-323-673-4442. When prompted enter the meeting ID: 323510481
Please review our "Pittsfield Informational Meeting Participation” handout to understand how this electronic hearing will be managed. If you wish to make a public comment but do not have the ability to comment remotely during the meeting, please email your comment(s) to Tricia Fryer at TownClerk@PittsfieldVT.com
To ensure smooth access, we recommend that you test your remote hearing software in advance of the meeting. If you have difficultly accessing the hearing, please call 1-802-746-8170 or email TownClerk@PittsfieldVT.com
Call to Orderby Select Board Chair
Welcome & Participation Instructions
New Business (Moderator)
- Review and discuss Article 3: Will the voters of Pittsfield authorize all current taxes be paid to the Treasurer unless otherwise noted?
- Review and discuss Article 4: Will the voters of Pittsfield authorize the Treasurer to collect taxes on real property in two installments, on or before the third Thursday of August and the third Thursday of November, by physical delivery to the tax collector before 5 pm?
- Review and discuss Article 5: Will the voters of Pittsfield reallocate the Pittsfield Volunteer Fire & Rescue SCBA Reserve Fund for Equipment and deposit $2,100 from general fund surplus in this Equipment Reserve Fund?
- Review and discuss Article 6: Will the voters of Pittsfield deposit $90,400 from general fund surplus in the PVF&R Truck Reserve Fund?
- Review and discuss Article 7: Will the voters of Pittsfield deposit $25,000 from general fund surplus in the Town Hall Reserve Fund to complete Phase One and Phase Two repairs?
- Review and discuss Article 8: Will the voters of Pittsfield deposit $67,000 from general fund surplus in the Highway Equipment Reserve Fund for a grader?
- Review and discuss Article 9: Will the voters of Pittsfield establish a reserve fund to be called Town Office Maintenance and deposit $7,500 from general fund surplus in the fund for repairs and maintenance?
- Review and discuss Article 10: Shall the voters of Pittsfield withdraw from the White River Alliance Solid Waste program and approve the terms and conditions of an agreement to join the union municipal district known as the Rutland County Solid Waste District?
- Review and discuss Article 11: Will the voters of Pittsfield approve the proposed budget to meet the expenses and liabilities of the town?
- Review and discuss Article 12: Will the voters of Pittsfield authorize the Select Board to buy and sell real estate?
Discussion of other non-binding business
Motion to Adjourn
Annual School Meeting
Call to Order by School Board Chair
New Business: (Moderator)
- Article 2. To see if the Pittsfield School District will vote to pay taxes in the same manner as the Town.
- Article 3. Shall the voters of the Pittsfield School District approve a total budget in the amount of $1,014,329 for the 2021-22 school year? It is estimated that this proposed budget will result in education spending of $14,649 per equalized pupil. This projected spending is 11% lower than spending for the current year.
- Article 4. To elect a School Director for a three-year term.
Discussion of other non-binding business
Motion to Adjourn
Pittsfield Informational Hearing Participation Handout
Remote Public Informational Hearing
The public informational hearing will be conducted remotely via electronic means on Microsoft Teams on Saturday, February 27. 2021 beginning at 10am. The public will also be able to access and participate in the remote hearing by dialing in through telephone, computer or device.
Accessing the Hearing
Please refer to the hearing notice and agenda for information on how to access the remote hearing. Please note that whether you join by telephone, computer, or device, you may be put on hold or in a waiting “room” until granted access to the hearing. You also may be muted or restricted from using any chat function until the public comment portion of the hearing.
The Select Board will follow its agenda and allow public attendees to participate through voice (audio) means where feasible or alternatively using any chat function during the public comment period after each Article is read and at other applicable times as needed.
Initially, the hearing host/organizer will mute all participants. This is necessary to control background noise. The host/organizer will then unmute participants or allow participants to unmute themselves when invited to speak by the Moderator.
Please review the following guidelines:
- The Moderator will invite public comment after each Article is read.
- To ask a question or make a comment please state your name or click on the “raise your hand” icon on your TEAMS computer screen.
- When the Moderator calls on you (each and every time) please state your full name before commenting.
When the Select Board adjourns the hearing, the host/organizer will end the electronic hearing by turning off/closing the remote hearing software. Attendees will be automatically disconnected.
Minutes and other public records that were part of the hearing will be made available in accordance with VT’s Open Meeting and Public Records Laws.