Pittsfield Select Board Regular 90 Minute Meeting
Thursday, August 10, 2017, 6 pm
Town Office Building
Minutes Approval: Special Meeting June 27, 2017, Regular Meeting July 18, 2017
Public Present: George Deblon – Town Loader
1. TRORC – FY18 Annual Dues
2. Invitation to The Mint – Rutland’s Makerspace Grand Opening
3. WW Permit – Gregory Mountford, Stephen M. Cottrell Trustee
4. Petition for Party Status – Joseph Naser Memorandum of Law
5. Response of Riverside Horse Farm, LLC to Nasers’ Memorandum of Law
6. Municipal Impact Questionnaire – Riverside Horse Farm
7. Natural Resources Board – Riverside Horse Farm, LLC – Hearing Recess Order
- Town Loader - George How long will NorTrax offer special pricing and information on leasing?
- VTrans – Tweed River Open space easement with VTrans - Charlie following up with Doug Bonneau. Matt following up with company to move and warranty trees
- T.O. & T. H. Maintenance Project - Patty – set date with Corey Novotny for refinishing floor-Corey is scheduled to come 8/18/17. Matt - window cleaning, scrape and paint front areas of buildings as needed, paint and supplies for Mona to do agreed upon paint projects at Town Hall, repair of separated trim on upper right corner of Town Hall and rotted wood near handicap entrance.
- Park Place Demolition – Charlie following up to make sure rocks are installed
- Paving Review/appointment with VTrans follow-up - Charlie following up with Doug Bonneau for contact re: water from Route 100 flowing into Village Green and into residents properties, fire pond culvert
- Town Hall Dehumidifier – Matt checking dehumidifier in TH basement and giving Patty a recommendation for ordering a dehumidifier.
- Basketball court and bike rack – Charlie following up with Erica: Erica needs approval for spending money, Select Board letter of support, inviting Erica to meeting to form plan of action
- Elan radar signs – Charlie following up
- Open Meeting Seminar by Garrett Baxter – Charlie following up
- Tweed River Open Space sign – Patty seeking input from VLCT risk management-suggested open space sign is in Charlie’s folder, see the attached email with comment from VLCT. Matt finding out who produced high water mark sign. Charlie checking with VLCT size of 911 lettering
- Tweed River Open Space Mowing – Peter following up with D&K and Connie
- VHCB Easement - Select Board reviewing document closely for discussion and signing at next meeting. Charlie checking compliance with 24 VSA 1061. Patty seeking sample plan from TRORC and VHCB-No samples from either TRORC or VHCB, however Wade Masure (VLCT) has offered to help with management plans for both the open space and the playground.
- Killington Valley Initiative – Select Board – Mary Cohen and Lyle Jepson looking for SB to appoint a Pittsfield representative to their quality of life committee and also looking for financial support (suggested 1$ per resident). Tickle financial support for budget meeting in November??
1. Town Hall Dehumidifier – need approval to purchase
2. TRORC – Grant closed on 6 & 11 Parmenter Place and 3604 Route 100 Reuse Project
3. TRORC – Two Rivers-Ottauquechee Regional Plan Adoption
4. Resignation – Sarah Gray, Planning Commission
5. Town Clerk/Treasurer July Financials
Next Meeting Date: September 5, 2017