DATE: October 10, 2017
PRESENT: Peter Borden, Charles Piso, Matt Corron, Patty Haskins, Alan Barrows, Rod Moore, Tim Hunt
Agenda Modifications: Public Present #1-Rod Moore and Alan Barrows; #2-Tim Hunt; Old Business #6-Building update; #7-Trees on Former Andrews Property on Route 100; New Business #4-Green-Up Coordinator; #5-Winter Snow Removal at Town Hall and Office
Minutes Approval: Regular Meeting September 27, 2017
Public Present: #1 – Rod Moore and Alan Barrows; #2 – Tim Hunt
- VLCT Zoning Forum
- VLCT News letter
- Health Equity Client Services
- District 3 Environmental Commission Report
- Rural Fire Protection Program
- EC fiber Fire department update
- Update on securing Towns internet
- Review VHCB sample management plan
- Paving plan update
- Signage update
- Building update
- Trees on Former Andrews Property on Route 100
- Update VLCT town Fair conference
- Proposed VHCB easement
- Clerk Treasurer Report
- Green-Up Coordinator
- Winter Snow Removal at Town Hall and Office
Next Meeting Date: October 24, 2017
Charlie motioned to open the meeting at 6:03 p.m., Peter seconded, meeting opened. Agenda modifications approved: Public Present #1-Rod Moore and Alan Barrows; #2-Tim Hunt; Old Business #6-Building update; #7-Trees on Former Andrews Property on Route 100; New Business #4-Green-Up Coordinator; #5-Winter Snow Removal at Town Hall and Office. Peter motioned to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting held September 27, 2017; Charlie seconded; minutes approved.
Public Present #1: Rod Moore and Alan Barrows requesting to be on the next board meeting agenda to discuss making Pine Needle Road a town road. Currently it is a private road. Request granted.
Public Present #2: Tim Hunt requesting to be on the next board meeting agenda to discuss snowmobile trails. Request granted.
- VLCT Zoning Forum – Patty will forward information to Sarah Gray.
- VLCT News letter – October issue received. No action.
- Health Equity Client Services – Renewal notice for Health Reimbursement Account for town employees. Charlie motioned to renew the plan with an increase of $500 per employee for an account maximum of $1,750 per employee for the upcoming plan period; Peter seconded; all in favor, motion carried.
- District 3 Environmental Commission Report – Memorandum of Decision for change to Riverside Farm Act 250 permit has been received. No action.
- Rural Fire Protection Program – Thank you received for donation to support dry hydrant program.
- EC fiber Fire department update – Charlie is waiting for a date from EC Fiber to make a site visit.
- Update on securing Towns internet – Becky Donnet is will to attend a Select Board meeting to give the board some ideas on how-to setup internet service in the Library without compromising the security of the town office’s network. Patty will invite Becky to a future meeting.
- Review VHCB sample management plan – Peter will review the sample document and present recommendations to the rest of the board at the next meeting.
- Paving plan update – Charlie met the VTrans engineer responsible for paving at Town Fair. Charlie will invite the engineer to a future meeting.
- Signage update – The sign maker in Hancock is not working out. Charlie will get the Department of Corrections catalog for Peter to pursue the necessary signs.
- Building update – Matt reported he has not found anyone to clean the windows yet; he will reach out to Don Marshall again on painting project; he will also reach out to Mona for projects she volunteered to do; and he has a couple of other carpenters to contact for building repairs.
- Trees on Former Andrews Property on Route 100 – George will follow-up with Trees, Inc. on removal of red maple. The roots are damaged so it is unlikely it will survive.
- Update VLCT town Fair conference – Charlie and Patty attended the annual conference which was held in Killington. They both felt it was worthwhile especially seminars on Open Meetings and Insurance Coverage. Charlie met the VTrans engineer responsible for the Route 100 paving project and he is willing to come to a board meeting to address the town’s concerns. Charlie will invite him. Patty shared the insurance audit prepared by PACIF; currently the town’s assets are covered at guaranteed replacement costs.
- Proposed VHCB easement – The Notice of Conveyance for Open Space and the proposed easement have been received from VHCB. Patty will ask Kris Hammer to forward a final copy of the proposed easement to Marylou Scofield to review. Charlie motioned to accept the Notice of Conveyance for public posting; Matt seconded; all in favor, motion carried. Patty will post the public notice for the Conveyance as required. Patty will forward VTrans letter from Eric Furs to the board.
- Clerk Treasurer Report – Patty reviewed the monthly and year-to-date reports with the board.
- Green-Up Coordinator – Charlie will ask Johanna Buker if her daughter Lilly would be interested.
- Winter Snow Removal at Town Hall and Office – Charlie will ask Johanna Buker if she is interested. It is $15 per shovel.
Next Meeting Dates: October 24, 2017
Adjournment: Charlie motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:40 p.m.; Peter seconded; meeting adjourned.
Approved: _______________ Recorded by: Tyna Gallagher