DATE: November 14, 2017
PRESENT: Peter Borden, Charles Piso, Patty Haskins
Minutes Approval: Regular Meeting October 24, 2017
Public Present: Pittsfield Fire Chief Dave Colton, Town Health Officer
- VLCT Road Management Conference
- EMS World Magazine
- MAC Workshop reminder
- Waste Water Permit CV Oil
- Correspondence Environmental Commission Re RF and Notice of Appeal
- JSI Survey for SB Chair
- VLCT Newsletter
- EC Fiber update Library and town office security issues
- Sign language approval and purchase
- Rock placement Park Place
- VHCB easement
- Elevator inspection
- Culverts Guernsey Brook
- PACIF Update
- Health Insurance renewal
- Town Highway #15 Discontinuance
- Regional marketing initiative
- WIFI Policy Town Office and town owned buildings
- Review Bldg. Maintenance for 2018 budget
- VHCB Easement
- Clerk/Treasurer Report – October Financials
- Town Health Officer Emergency meeting results
- 2018 Budget Preparation
Next Meeting Date: TBD, 2017
Charlie motioned to open the meeting at 6:03 p.m., Peter seconded, meeting opened. No agenda modifications. Peter motioned to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting held October 24, 2017; Charlie seconded; minutes approved.
Public Present: No public present. Dave Colton, Pittsfield Fire Chief will attend a future meeting; Health Officer gave Patty request for Board.
- VLCT Road Management Conference – Municipal Roads Workshop, Dec. 6, 2017 – no action.
- EMS World Magazine – extra copy if anyone wants to review it. No action.
- MAC Workshop reminder – this is a duplicate of #1
- Waste Water Permit CV Oil – WW-3-2619 Project consists of changing lot sizes to 4.90 acres for Lot #1 and 69.4 acres for Lot #2. File in town records.
- Correspondence Environmental Commission Re RF and Notice of Appeal – Riverside Farm’s motion to amend received by Vermont Superior Court. File in town records.
- JSI Survey for SB Chair – Charlie is reviewing this survey.
- VLCT Newsletter – November issue received.
- EC Fiber up-date Library and town office security issues – No new changes yet.
- Sign language approval and purchase – Charlie has received the new sign catalog from the Dept. of Corrections. Charlie motioned to cap the expenditure at $1,000 for the following signs: (1) Playground, (1) Tweed River Open Space, (2) Park & Ride, (4) No Parking, (1) Authorized Vehicles Only (for cemetery), and (1) Video Surveillance Notice (for town garage). Peter seconded the motion; motion carried.
- Rock placement Park Place – Casella’s has been waiting for the ground to freeze to avoid tearing up the road. Charlie will contact them to go ahead with the project.
- VHCB easement – Patty reported that no petition was received from the public notice. Peter motions to approve the Baseline Documentation Report and the Easement; Charlie seconded; motion carried.
- Elevator inspection – Charlie motioned to approve the 3-year contract for the mandatory Town Office elevator inspection for $175; Peter seconded; motion carried.
- Culverts Guernsey Brook – George expressed some reservations about the type of structures the White River Partnership (WRP) may be considering for Guernsey Brook. Peter will contact WRP for clarification.
- PACIF Update – Charlie is waiting to hear back regarding the language for the playground sign and needs to know more information about the regulation the insurance company is citing.
- Health Insurance renewal – Peter motioned to continue with BC/BS Platinum health insurance plan for eligible town employees; Charlie seconded; motion carried.
- Town Highway #15 Discontinuance – Marylou Scofield provided a new property description for the .08 mile of TH #15 to be discontinued. A Public Hearing is required and it needs to be warned 10 days prior to the hearing. Peter motioned to set the hearing for December 19, 2017 for the discontinuance; Charlie seconded; motion carried.
- Regional marketing initiative - The board reviewed the video link and will take it into consideration when budgeting for donations.
- WIFI Policy Town Office and town owned buildings – The board wants the library Wi-Fi access to be available only during library hours and they must be able to turn the service on and off. Wi-Fi service will not be available outside of library hours. A letter will be sent to the library trustees with this directive. Patty brought up security issues in the building. Peter and Charlie will go through the building and then contact Royal Glass for an estimate on lock and door changes.
- Review Bldg. Maintenance for 2018 budget – Peter and Charlie will walk through and around buildings on November 15 to create a list of projects to obtain estimates. Ideally they want to find one contractor to handle all the projects.
- VHCB Easement - Peter has been in contact with Eric Furs at VTrans numerous times. Eric confirms that VTrans has all the permits except GM Power because the easement needs to be approved before GM Power can issue their permit. Peter motioned to go ahead with the VTrans agreement; Charlie seconded; motion carried. Eric inquired about the tree information; the board will get this information from Harvey’s.
- Clerk/Treasurer Report – October Financials: No questions.
- Town Health Officer Emergency meeting results – Charlie and Matt met with Sue on November 8 and authorized her to contact the town attorney to determine next steps and who to serve the health notice. Peter motioned to cap legal fees at $500; Charlie seconded; motion carried. Charlie will contact Sue to find out status of situation with the Fire Marshal.
- 2018 Budget Preparation – The board started with a review of the cemetery budget; Patty distributed the Wage Guidelines so board members can review in advance of the next meeting; Charlie will contact ABLE Waste and the Town of Stockbridge for more information on the trash collection service for budgeting purposes.
Next Meeting Date: November 21, 2017
Adjournment: Peter motioned to adjourn the meeting at 8:25 p.m.; Charlie seconded; meeting adjourned.
Approved: November 21, 2017 Recorded by: Tyna Gallagher