DATE: December 5, 2017
PRESENT: Peter Borden, Charles Piso, Matt Corron, Patty Haskins, Caleb Hawley
Minutes Approval: Regular Meeting November 21, 2017
Public Present: Pittsfield Fire Dept. Representative Caleb Hawley
- Tanker Lease options-Fire Dept
- TRORC Bylaws Draft
- VT AOT Mapping Section Mileage adjustment
- CT River Conservancy
- VLCT Newsletter Dec. 2017
- Efficiency Vermont
- VLCT Board Nominations
- Census workshops LUCA
- EC Fiber update Library and town office security issues
- Sign Purchase update
- PACIF update
- Update Buildings TO and TH
- Update Leigh Kelly Drive
- Insurance VLCT payment options
- Update Dog Complaint
- Definition Scope clarification Town Constables
- Clerk Treasurer Report
- Budget preparations
Next Meeting Date: December 19, 2017
Charlie motioned to open the meeting at 6:02 p.m., Peter seconded, meeting opened. Matt motioned to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting held November 21, 2017; Peter seconded; minutes approved.
Public Present: Pittsfield Fire Dept. Representative Caleb Hawley - see Correspondence #1
- Tanker Lease options-Fire Dept – A tentative meeting is set for December 8th with Earl from V-Tec to discuss all the financing options and pricing. Peter would like a detailed discussion on all the options for replacing the existing tanker, thorough research, pricing and financing. The board developed a list of questions to discuss with Fire Dept. personnel. Charlie clarified with VLCT that he can participate in the discussions however he cannot vote. Patty clarified with VLCT on the wording for the purchase to be warned. Caleb wanted to know the deadline for warning the purchase for Town Meeting. All materials would be needed no later than January 18, 2018. The board will invite representatives from the Fire Dept. to discuss further at the December 19 meeting.
- TRORC Bylaws Draft – Notice for two meetings to discuss the bylaws. Randolph on January 16, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. and Woodstock on January 24, 2018 at 6:30 pm. No action
- VT AOT Mapping Section Mileage adjustment – The south entrance of the Green has been changed from .17 to .15 due to the re-design for the Park and Ride. No action.
- CT River Conservancy – Request for donations. No action.
- VLCT Newsletter December 2017 received. No action.
- Efficiency Vermont – Updated information on programs and grants. Matt will review materials.
- VLCT Board Nominations – Seeking nominations for board member. No action.
- Census workshops LUCA – Requesting assistance to update and correct addresses for the census. Time consuming and involves a fair amount of paperwork. It is not mandatory. The town will pass on participating.
- EC Fiber update Library and town office security issues – Charlie, Patty and Becky Donnet met with the EC Fiber techs. EC Fiber will hardwire a separate connection for the Library. Becky will set up the town and the library on two separate routers. This arrangement will provide better security.
- Sign Purchase update – Charlie received and approved the artwork. He is waiting for cost estimate.
- PACIF update – They are sending the town a code of regulations book so the playground issues can be addressed.
- Update Buildings TO and TH – Peter met with Bill Leimgruber to review numerous items that need to be addressed at the Town Hall plus a couple of items at the Town Office building. Bill provided a cost estimate for all the work to be completed by the end of the 2018 summer. Details to be discussed at next meeting. Matt will contact Efficiency Vermont to find out what items should be addressed at the Town Hall next. Charlie will contact VLCT about reallocating funds warned and approved at a previous Town Meeting. Patty reminded the board of additional items: lighting in the Town Hall, parking lot re-striping, playground equipment, and the town has not had a municipal audit in 4 years.
- Update Leigh Kelly Drive – The Fire Marshal will be inspecting the house December 8 regarding heat. If he approves then Sue Wuerthele will lift the emergency health order.
- Insurance VLCT payment options – The board reviewed the discount options. Charlie motioned to keep the standard deductible of $1,000; Peter seconded; all in favor; motion carried.
- Update Dog Complaint – Sue has finalized the report and closed the case.
- Definition Scope clarification Town Constables – Patty researched the statute and shared with the board. Charlie reviewed and will contact with VLCT for more information. Patty proposes to add an article for voters to choose the constable does not have enforcement responsibilities. This was never done and by statute it is required. The statute also includes the constable be bonded and take an oath for the position. Charlie will research further.
- Clerk Treasurer Report – Current financials provided as the board worked on the proposed budget.
- Budget preparations – Patty provided a timeline for the Town Report and Town Meeting. The deadline for petitions and items to be added to the warning is January 18, 2018. Started the review of General Fund line items and salaries. Town Office and Town Hall maintenance and repair lines will need estimates for each project. Patty handed out a ‘sample’ warning and reminded the board they will need to provide a budget narrative for the Town Report.
Next Meeting Date: December 19, 2017
Adjournment: Peter motioned to adjourn the meeting at 9:20 p.m.; Matt seconded; meeting adjourned.
Approved: December 19, 2017 Recorded by: Tyna Gallagher