DATE: October 2, 2018
PRESENT: Ann Kuendig, Charlie Piso, Matt Corron, Tricia Fryer, Richard Lunna, Jeremy Rayner
Agenda Modifications: Correspondence #1 – Stage Coach Funding Request; #2 – Local Hazard Mitigation Plan grant opportunity; #3 – Marshal Alarm Service Contract; New Business #4 – Sand Shed Grant; #5 Richard Lunna; #6 – Jeremy Rayner
Minutes Approval: Regular Meeting Minutes September 25, 2018
Public Present: Richard Lunna, Jeremy Rayner
1.Stage Coach Funding Request
2.Local Hazard Mitigation Plan grant opportunity
3.Marshal Alarm Service Contract
1.Fire truck financing update
2.Capital planning discussion
3.Furnace cleaning update
- Check scanner
- Elevator inspection update
- PACIF Insurance renewal
- Sand Shed Grant
- Richard Lunna
- Jeremy Rayner
Next Meeting Dates: October 16, 2018
Meeting Opened, Minutes Approval & Agenda Modifications
Charlie motioned to open the meeting at 6:02 p.m., Ann seconded, meeting opened. All in favor of the agenda modifications: Correspondence #1 – Stage Coach Funding Request; #2 – Local Hazard Mitigation Plan grant opportunity; #3 – Marshal Alarm Service Contract; New Business #4 – Sand Shed Grant; #5 Richard Lunna; #6 – Jeremy Rayner
Charlie motioned to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting held September 25, 2018; Matt seconded; minutes approved.
1.Stage Coach Funding Request – Annual request for funding. Tricia will add to the budgeting folder.
2.Local Hazard Mitigation Plan grant opportunity – Charlie and Herb will review the materials. Pittsfield’s plan expires 8/19/2020.
3.Marshal Alarm Service Contract – Annual service contract for testing alarm systems approved for renewal in November.
1.Fire truck financing update – Marylou Scofield, town attorney, reviewed the documents and provided a letter to go with the Mascoma Bank financing package. The board reviewed Marylou’s letter and Charlie signed the contract. Tricia will get the package out to Mascoma Bank tomorrow.
2.Capital planning discussion – The board had a preliminary discussion about capital planning and would like to review the auditor’s report once it is received before proceeding. Board members will review the most recent town report and discuss ideas at the next meeting.
3.Furnace cleaning update – Tricia has contacted CV Oil to have the Town Hall furnace serviced. The town has been added to list and CV Oil will get back to her with a date. Trish has asked to be added to CV Oil’s summer maintenance list for future cleanings.
- Check scanner – Mascoma Bank provided Trish with information on using a scanner for submitting checks to them versus mailing checks. Trish believes it would be helpful when there’s a large number of checks such as tax payments but the scanner is not essential. She would rather have funds allotted to upgrade Quickbooks.
- Elevator inspection update – The inspection was due September 28, 2018 however the inspector is running a couple of weeks behind. They assured Trish this would not be an issue for the town.
- PACIF Insurance renewal – Tricia submitted the questionnaire to the Board for review as it is due October 12, 2018. Trish updated information pertaining to the highway department with George. The Board approved the questionnaire for submittal.
- Sand Shed Grant – Charles motioned to accept the sand shed grant; Matt seconded; motion carried.
- Richard Lunna – He is a land surveyor and is working on locating the boundaries for Stockbridge. The board had approved waiving copying fees for Richard in exchange for sharing information pertaining to Pittsfield. He shared his findings with the board that included some very old boundary markers. Mr. Lunna will provide survey mylar and information with each town to record.
- Jeremy Rayner – He wants to know what his duties are. The board asked him to check on the condition of the trees that were planted in the open space. He asked the Emerald Ash Borer as there are some towns aggressively dealing with this invasive species. Jeremy is willing to research this and will contact the County Forester for information.
Adjournment: Charlie motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:54 p.m.; Ann seconded; meeting adjourned.
Approved Date: October 16, 2018 Recorded by: Tyna Gallagher