DATE: November 13, 2018
PRESENT: Matt Corron, Ann Kuendig
Minutes Approval: Regular Meeting Minutes October 16, 2018
Public Present: Planning Commission, Listers
1. American Red Cross- Budget Request
2. VCIL-Budget Request
3. ARC News
4. EMS World- Emergency Planners
5. VT Agency of Transportation-Bridge Project Meeting Minutes
6. Criterium Lalancette Engineers Performance Evaluation
7. Original General Store letter
8. Tweed River Open Space sign
9. Slate Quarry Solar Project
10. VLCT Municipal Action Paper #4-Public Safety
11. Better Connections Grant Application information
1.ROW with AOT
4.Update on letter to Garofalo
1. Local Emergency Management Plan
2. Update for 2019 State Exercise Emergency Plan
3. Town Hall Winterization
4. Building Inspection Town Hall
5. Planning Commission
Next Meeting Dates: November 27, 2018
Meeting Opened, Minutes Approval & Agenda Modifications
Matt motioned to open the meeting at 6:05 p.m., Ann seconded, meeting opened. All in favor of the agenda modifications: Correspondence #7 – Original General Store letter; #8 – Tweed River Open Space sign; #9 – Slate Quarry Solar Project; #10 – VLCT Municipal Action Paper #4-Public Safety; and #11 – Better Connections Grant Application information
Matt motioned to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting held October 16, 2018; Ann seconded; minutes approved.
Public Present – No public present tonight, they will re-schedule for a future meeting.
1. American Red Cross- Budget Request – Funds request for 2019, add to budgeting folder
2. VCIL-Budget Request - Funds request for 2019, add to budgeting folder
3. ARC News – Publication related to Emergency Management, forward to Charlie Piso and Herb Kuendig
4. EMS World- Emergency Planners – Publication related to EMS, October issue, forward to Charile Piso for Fire and Rescue Department
5. VT Agency of Transportation-Bridge Project Meeting Minutes – Charlie and George attends the pre-construction meeting at District 3 AOT on October 22, 2018. Minutes from this meeting were forwarded to the town. File in bridge replacement folder.
6.Criterium Lalancette Engineers Performance Evaluation – Report on the Town Hall from the structural engineers received and will be reviewed by Select Board members. Discuss and set a plan of action at a future meeting.
7. Original General Store letter – Katy Stiles and Kevin Lasko sent a letter expressing their concerns about the height (crown) of Upper Michigan Road. It has created a high ledge into their back parking lot making it difficult for customers and vendors to access this area. They are also concerned that vehicles may slide off the road into vehicles in the lot when the road is icy or slippery. This is the third complaint from property owners in this area of the road. More discussion is needed on this topic. Trish will invite all three property owners and the Road Commissioner to attend the next meeting.
8. Tweed River Open Space sign – The White River Partnership submitted an example of the sign they would like to see posted in the open space. The board would like to seek more comments on the proposed sign. Table for next meeting.
9. Slate Quarry Solar Project – MHG Solar is re-purposing old slate tailings piles to set-up Solar panels. They offer discounts to organizations that purchase power from them. This is not applicable to the town as we are not located in Slate Valley. No action.
10. VLCT Municipal Action Paper #4-Public Safety – This is the fourth paper in the series. VLCT provides information on various topics that concern cities and towns along with what initiatives they support. The papers can be found on their website: www.vlct.org
11. Better Connections Grant Application information – VTrans, Dept of Commerce and other state agencies have various grants available. Trish will forward to the Planning Commission for review.
1.ROW with AOT – Table, waiting for AOT to attend a meeting to discuss.
2.Constables - Table
3.Budget Schedule – Table, need Charlie and Trish present to set-up a meeting schedule.
4.Update on letter to Garofalo – Matt motioned to approve the letter and sent certified/return receipt; Ann seconded; motion carried. Matt will put in folder for Trish or Sarah to mail.
1. Local Emergency Management Plan – Dept of Emergency Management is seeking interested communities for grants that would use contractors to update plans. Pittsfield’s plan expires August 2020. Table for now, not sure it is necessary to contract out this work.
2. Update for 2019 State Exercise Emergency Plan - This is still in the planning stages for next year. Information to be forwarded to Charlie and Herb.
3. Town Hall Winterization – Matt will turn off dehumidifier and will get with Charlie to set-up the boiler “off” warning light.
4. Building Inspection Town Hall – See Correspondence #6
5. Planning Commission – To be re-scheduled
6. Listers – To be re-scheduled
Next Meeting Dates: November 27, 2018.
Adjournment: Matt motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:16 p.m.; Ann seconded; meeting adjourned.
Approved Date: ______________ Recorded by: Tyna Gallagher