DATE: May 1, 2018
PRESENT: Charles Piso, Ann Kuendig, Matt Corron, Patty Haskins, George Deblon, Herb Kuendig, Marsha Hopkins, Keith Hopkins
Agenda Modifications: Correspondence #3 remove Marsha Hopkins and see New Business # 3; Correspondence #3 – Bicycle/Pedestrian Grant; Correspondence #4 – Vermont Statewide Bell Ringing; Old Business #6 – Shelter Manager for church in LEOP; Old Business #7 – Mailing; New Business #6 – Bid Opening – Town Sand Shed Reconstruction. Add Minutes approval of Special Meeting April 19, 2018.
Minutes Approval: Regular Meeting Minutes April 17, 2018 and Special Meeting Minutes April 19, 2018.
Public Present: George Deblon, Marsha Hopkins
1.VLCT Forum for Municipal Officials
2.Connecticut River Conservancy
4.Vermont Statewide Bell Ringing
2.Loss Control Checklist update
3.VHCB Management Plan
4.Complete Town Appointments
5.Health Officer Report
6.Shelter Manager for church in LEOP
1.Summer Buildings Projects
2.Capital Planning Document Review
3.Property/Upper Michigan Road plowing issues
4.Possible Executive Session
5.Clerk/ Treasurer Report
6.Bid Opening – Town Sand Shed Reconstruction
Next Meeting Date: May 15, 2018
Meeting Opened, Minutes Approval & Agenda Modifications
Charlie motioned to open the meeting at 6:00 p.m., Matt seconded, meeting opened. All in favor of the agenda modifications: Correspondence #3 remove Marsha Hopkins and see New Business # 3; Correspondence #3 – Bicycle/Pedestrian Grant; Correspondence #4 – Vermont Statewide Bell Ringing; Old Business #6 – Shelter Manager for church in LEOP; Old Business #7 – Mailing; New Business #6 – Bid Opening – Town Sand Shed Reconstruction. Add Minutes approval of Special Meeting April 19, 2018. Charlie motioned to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting held April 17, 2018; Ann seconded; minutes approved. Charlie motioned to approve the minutes of the Special Meeting held April 19, 2018; Ann seconded; minutes approved.
1.VLCT Forum for Municipal Officials – Event will be June 14th in Killington. Some board members are interested.
2.Connecticut River Conservancy – Donation solicitation. No action.
3.Bicycle/Pedestrian Grant – The information will be forwarded to the Planning Commission.
4.Vermont Statewide Bell Ringing – Event will be July 20th at 4:00 p.m. Participants will ring bells in their towns for 4 minutes to recognize the four freedoms (speech, religion, want and fear). The information will be forwarded to the Library.
1.Line striping – Charlie asked Joyce & Roger Stevens to let him know when they plan to re-stripe their parking lot so the town can do at the same time. Charlie will also check with Peter Borden. Tickle later in June.
2.Loss Control Checklist update – Charlie will talk to George about tilling the surface so it can be measured and determine the amount of new sand that will be required. Charlie, Ann and Patty will do a walkthrough of the playground next week. Other items to address and need help with are installing a split rail fence, replacing and/or tightening bolts, install the new sign and fix the slide. Patty will create a flyer for a playground work party and the town wide yard sale on the same day.
3.VHCB Management Plan – Charlie motioned to approve the plan with changes; Matt seconded; motion carried. Patty will have the updated final document ready for the board to sign at the next meeting.
4.Complete Town Appointments – Ann will ask Herb if he is willing to fulfill the Zoning Board of Adjustment vacancy.
5.Health Officer Report – Charlie reports that 6 vehicles have been removed from the property at 4 Leigh Kelly Drive. Charlie made a motion that he would contact MaryLou Scofield and direct her to take further action if warranted on behalf of the board; Matt seconded; motion carried.
6.Shelter Manager for church in LEOP – Charlie will ask Bruce Shaw if the town can list him as the shelter manager at the church.
7.Mailing – The draft mailing for Reconsideration of Fire Truck Funding document was thoroughly reviewed and revised. Patty will make the updates and present to the board for a final review before mailing. The goal is to mail by the end of this week or early the following week. Ann will ask Library is they have a projector that works with a laptop for visuals.
1.Summer Buildings Projects – Tabled to a future meeting.
2.Capital Planning Document Review – Tabled to a future meeting
3.Property/Upper Michigan Road plowing issues – Marsha expressed her concerns and her neighbor’s concerns (Sandy Robinson) about damage to their properties from the winter plowing. She feels the road is plowed too wide therefore people are driving it faster. The plowing has ripped up her lawn and diminished the size of her property. They can’t fit their vehicles in the driveway because the vehicle sticks out into the road due to the width of plowed surface. Marsha can fix their property however she doesn’t want it ripped up again. Sandy needs someone to fix hers as she is not able to do it herself. Overall Marsha felt the plowing this year was very invasive. Marsha also has concerns with the water run-off caused by the high crown in the road. It allows more water to run across her property and at a faster speed thus causing more erosion. She feels like her house is sinking because the road is so high and you have to drive down into the driveway. She also believes the storm drains use to be level with the road and now the drains are much lower. Some of the board members will make a site visit to assess the situation.
4.Possible Executive Session – Letters will be sent to the applicants to let them know the status of the position.
5.Clerk/ Treasurer Report – Patty does not have anything to report. Financials will be presented at the next meeting.
6.Bid Opening – Town Sand Shed Reconstruction: McKernon submitted a bid of $205,000; Wright Construction submitted a bid of $209, 210; and Avery Smith submitted a bid of $179,135. Charlie will do a walkthrough with George and Herb next week to review the bids and make sure the specs were met. They will also follow up with some other contractors that may decide to bid on the project.
Next Meeting Date: Regular Meeting scheduled for May 15, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Adjournment: Charlie motioned to adjourn the meeting at 8:53 p.m.; Ann seconded; meeting adjourned.
Approved Date: May 15, 2018 Recorded by: Tyna Gallagher