Wednesday, May 11, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. - Pittsfield Town Office Building
Present are: Kris Sperber, Ray Rice, Pete DuBois and Rayna Bishop
ANNUAL DISTRICT REORGANIZATION:
1. Call to Order: Rayna Bishop Calls the meeting to order at 7:01
2. Elections and Appointments: Rayna motions to that we nominate Officers for this upcoming year, Ray seconds and it passes unanimously.
▪ Board Chair Ray nominates Kris Sperber, Pete seconds and it passes unanimously, there were no other nominations.
(Board Chair facilitates remainder of meeting): Kris thanks Rayna for her help and Rayna Bishop left the meeting at 7:05.
▪ Vice Chair: Kris nominates Ray Rice, Pete seconds and it passes unanimously, there were no other nominations.
▪ Clerk: Kris Nominates Pete DuBois, Ray seconds and it passes unanimously, there were no other nominations.
3. Operational Decisions:
o Approve regular board meeting schedule (see attached) Approved
o Designate posting places for agendas/minutes (on attached schedule) Approved
Designate newspaper for notification of meetings (on attached schedule) (Mountain times is chosen)
4. Amendments to the Agenda:
Kris motioned to enter an executive discussion about the Jean Colver Sofield Scholarship and it passed unanimously. Ray recuses himself from the discussion due to his son being an applicant.
After reading the application and a discussion between Peter and Kris, we are proud to announce that Alex Rice will be this year’s recipient! Congratulations Alex, we appreciate your excellent submission!
5. Approve Minutes: Approved unanimously
6. Community Engagement/Public Comment: None
7. Action/Discussion Items
o New Business:
▪ Payment Orders
Sharon Academy: ½ Tuition 2 Secondary students- $16,842
WCSU: Executive assessment- $30,000
We are waiting on a check for $5,009.86 from the State from a Grant amendment for Green Mountain Forest land within the town.
WCSU: 2021 Audit- $2,900
o Old Business:
▪ Review and Approve Checkbook Reconciliation
8. Adjournment: Kris Motions to adjourn the meeting at 742, ray seconds and it passed unanimously.
Pittsfield School Board Meeting Schedule for the 2022-2023 School Year
The Pittsfield School Board’s regularly scheduled monthly meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM at the Pittsfield Town Office building. The following is a list of monthly meetings for the school year:
∙ No meeting in July
∙ Wednesday, August 10th
∙ Wednesday, September 14th
∙ Wednesday, October 12th
∙ Wednesday, November 9th
∙ Wednesday, December 14th
∙ Wednesday, January 11th
∙ Wednesday, February 8th
∙ Wednesday, March 8th
∙ Wednesday, April 19th (NOTE CHANGE DUE TO SPRING RECESS)
∙ Wednesday, May 10th
∙ Wednesday, June 14th
Meeting changes: Should a conflict occur that requires a change of meeting date or time the change will be posted as soon as possible with the new meeting information at the designated posting sites. ∙ The Pittsfield Town Office and website
∙ Windsor Central Supervisory Union bulletin board and website
Special meetings are sometimes necessary, particularly during budget preparation and prior to the annual Town Meeting. Special meeting information will be posted in the designated sites at least 24 hours in advance of the special meeting.
Emergency meetings may be necessary to address an unforeseen event or an emergency. Public notice will be given as soon as possible.
The Mountain Times is the local public newspaper used by the Pittsfield School District.
Monthly meeting agendas and minutes are available on the WCSU’s website, www.wcsu.net, and the Town of Pittsfield’s website, www.pittsfieldvt.com.
Pittsfield School Board:
(s)Kris Sperber (s)Peter DuBois (S)Ray Rice