Wednesday, January 13, 2021, at 7:00 p.m. - Pittsfield Town Office Building AGENDA
Present are: Kris Sperber, Ray Rice, Pete DuBos and Dan Fitzpatrick
1. Call to Order: Kris calls the meeting to order at 7:03
2. Amendments to the Agenda: Kris proposes that we amend the minutes to include discussion about the budget and the town meeting, Ray seconds and it passes unanimously.
3. Approve Minutes: Peter motions to approve the past two months of minutes, Ray seconds and it passes unanimously.
4. Community Engagement/Public Comment: none
5. Action/Discussion Items
o New Business:
- Budget: Ray managed to convince the board not to raise tuition this year! Everything stays the same, and we are estimating a reduced 47 students next year (down 9 from last year) which should reduce our budget by approximately $130,000. Dan has worked his miracle with special ed, getting us the money we were waiting on.
- Discussed budget as proposed, Kris motions to pass the budget, Ray seconds and it passes unanimously.
- Kris Motions to approve the School District Warning with amendments to accommodate the australian balloting, Peter seconds and it passes unanimously.
Patricia A Hannaford regional Technical School district, tuition assessment, $2,265.80. WCSU: Admin- $30,000 SPED Admin- $9,000 Liability Ins-$2,460 FY20 Audit- $1,200. CUUSD, ½ tuition 23 secondary students $203,500 ½ tuition 17 elementary students $136,000. WCSU SPED excess costs 3 students $43,000. Killington MTN School ½ tuition 2 secondary students $16,283.
o Old Business:
▪ Review and Approve Checkbook Reconciliation
6. Agenda Setting for February Meeting: Jean Colver Sofield Award Letters
7. Adjournment: Ray motions adjourn at 7:58, Kris seconds and it passes unanimously
Next Scheduled Meeting: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, at 7:00 P.M.
Approved February 10, 2021
(s)Kris Sperber (s)Peter Dubois (s)Ray Rice