Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. - Pittsfield Town Office Building AGENDA
ANNUAL DISTRICT REORGANIZATION:
1. Call to Order (Superintendent or rep) Sherry Sousa calls the meeting to order at 7:07 PM, Pete seconds and it passes unanimously.
2. Elections and Appointments (Superintendent or rep)
▪ Board Chair (Superintendent or rep) Ray nominates Kris Sperber to be board chair, Pete seconds and it passes unanimously.
(Board Chair facilitates remainder of meeting) Sherry leaves the meeting at 7:10, thanks Sherry!
▪ Vice Chair: Pete nominates Ray Rice to be vice chair, Kris seconds and it passes unanimously.
▪ Clerk: Kris nominates Pete DuBois to be clerk, ray seconds and it passes unanimously.
o Appoint WCSU board representative: Pete Nominates Ray, Kris seconds and it passes unanimously.
3. Operational Decisions:
o Approve regular board meeting schedule (see attached) Approved unanimously.
o Designate posting places for agendas/minutes (on attached schedule) Town office and on the website
Designate newspaper for notification of meetings (on attached schedule) Mountain times
4. Amendments to the Agenda: none
5. Approve Minutes: February approved unanimously
6. Public Comment: none
7. Action/Discussion Items
o New Business:
▪ Payment Orders
Windsor Central Supervisory Union: 3rd quarter 4 Pre K- $9,250.00
½ year 13 elementary students- $106,762.50
½ year 14 secondary students- $132,895.00
The Sharon Academy: Full Tuition 1 secondary student- $18,500.00
White River Valley Unified District: Full tuition 1 elementary student- $17,800.00
Landmark School: Feb tuition 1 secondary student- $1,727.80
o Old Business:
▪ Review and Approve Checkbook Reconciliation
8. Adjournment: Pete motions to adjourn at 7:48, Kris seconds and it passes unanimously.
Pittsfield School Board Meeting Schedule for the 2023-2024 School Year
The Pittsfield School Board’s regularly scheduled monthly meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM at the Pittsfield Town Office building. The following is a list of monthly meetings for the school year:
∙No meeting in July
∙Wednesday, August 9th
∙Wednesday, September 13th
∙Wednesday, October 11th
∙Wednesday, November 8th
∙Wednesday, December 13th
Wednesday, January 10th
Wednesday, February 14th
Wednesday, March 13th
Wednesday, April 17th (NOTE CHANGE DUE TO SPRING RECESS)
Wednesday, May 8th
Wednesday, June 12th
Meeting changes: Should a conflict occur that requires a change of meeting date or time the change will be posted as soon as possible with the new meeting information at the designated posting sites. ∙ The Pittsfield Town Office and website
∙ Windsor Central Supervisory Union bulletin board and website
Special meetings are sometimes necessary, particularly during budget preparation and prior to the annual Town Meeting. Special meeting information will be posted in the designated sites at least 24 hours in advance of the special meeting.
Emergency meetings may be necessary to address an unforeseen event or an emergency. Public notice will be given as soon as possible.
The Mountain Times is the local public newspaper used by the Pittsfield School District.
Monthly meeting agendas and minutes are available on the WCSU’s website, www.wcsu.net, and the Town of Pittsfield’s website, www.pittsfieldvt.com.
Pittsfield School Board:
(s)Kris Sperber (s)Peter DuBois (s)Ray Rice