PRESENT: Matt Corron, Dave Larkin, Patty Haskins
Agenda Modifications: Correspondence #9 – GMNF Field Visit Itinerary; Old Business #5 – Irene Buyout Grant Extension, #6 – VLCT Loss Control Visit, #7 – Delinquent Dog Owner; New Business #2 – Leimgruber Fence, #3 – VLCT PACIF Renewal, #4 – Town Hall
Minutes Approval: Regular Meeting - 9/20/16
- VLCT Municipal Action Paper #1
- VLCT Municipal Action Paper #2
- VLCT Municipal Action Paper #3
- VLCT Fall Planning and Zoning Forum
- GMNF Invitation to comment on Peak.com Special Use Permit
- Green Up Vermont Fund Request
- Central Vermont Council on Aging Newsletter
- TRORC Re: Public Information Regarding LEOPs
- GMNF Field Visit Itinerary
- Park Place Buyout Property Update
- Vtrans Right of way Acquisition Update
- Riverside Farm Neighbors Update
- Tweed River Park Plans Update
- Irene Buyout Grant Extension
- VLCT Loss Control Visit
- Delinquent Dog Owner
- Clerk/Treasurer Report
- Leimgruber Fence
- VLCT PACIF Renewal
- Town Hall
Next Meeting Date: October 18, 2016
Matt motioned to open the meeting; Dave seconded; the meeting was called to order at 6:04 p.m. Agenda modifications: Correspondence #9 – GMNF Field Visit Itinerary; Old Business #5 – Irene Buyout Grant Extension, #6 – VLCT Loss Control Visit, #7 – Delinquent Dog Owner; New Business #2 – Leimgruber Fence, #3 – VLCT PACIF Renewal, #4 – Town Hall
Minutes Approval: Matt motioned to approve the September 20, 2016 minutes; Dave seconded; minutes approved.
- VLCT Municipal Action Paper #1 – Position paper on self-governance, no action.
- VLCT Municipal Action Paper #2 – Position paper on transportation issues, no action.
- VLCT Municipal Action Paper #3 – Position paper on Land Use and Energy, no action.
- VLCT Fall Planning and Zoning Forum – Will be held November 2, 2016 and information has been forwarded to George.
- GMNF Invitation to comment on Peak.com Special Use Permit – Green Mountain National Forest invites comments regarding Peak.com’s request for a 5 Year Special Use Permit. They operate two endurance races a year. One race with a maximum of 50 entrants runs in May and the other race with a maximum of 125 entrants runs in June. Comments due by September 27, 2016. No action.
- Green Up Vermont Fund Request – Annual request for $50 donation to be discussed during budgeting sessions. Also requesting town to appoint a coordinator. Patty will contact Zev Rubin about coordinating again in 2017.
- Central Vermont Council on Aging Newsletter – no action.
- TRORC Re: Public Information Regarding LEOPs – Memo from Secretary of State Jim Condos informing towns LEOP information is public information and will be posted on-line with all private and personal information redacted. No action.
- GMNF Field Visit Itinerary – Invitation to join the Recreation Opportunities Public Field Visit regarding the Robinson Integrated Resources Project on October 6, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Review of potential trail opportunities, improved campsites and possible shelters. No action.
- Park Place Buyout Property Update – Patty spoke with TRORC and they are contacting three qualified contractors to bid on the demolition and removal of the Peyton house. The goal is have this done before winter.
- VTrans Right of Way Acquisition Update – Matt and George met with Eric Furs from VTrans to review and discuss proposed utilities ROW and guardrail placement. Eric will pass along the town’s questions and concerns regarding the proposal.
- Riverside Farm Neighbors Update – Dave has not heard anything further from the Aaron the Enforcement Officer. Dave will message Aaron for an update.
- Tweed River Park Plans Update – table until the town hears from VTrans regarding questions and concerns over proposed plan as noted in Old Business #2 .
- Irene Buyout Grant Extension – Reviewed and signed TRORC sub-grant extension agreement for September 30, 2016 through June 30, 2017. CDBG wants to wrap up all grants by 6/30/17. Patty informed the Board that all invoices are up-to-date. Matt motioned to sign agreement; Dave seconded; motion carried.
- VLCT Loss Control Visit – They visited 113 and 173 Park Place on 9/8/16 and did not have any recommendations from a loss control perspective. They suggested keeping the Peyton house closed up and post a couple of “No Trespassing” signs. Matt will pick up some signs and post.
- Delinquent Dog Owner – John Durney has not registered his dog yet. Arrangements were made so his dog could get vaccinated locally at no charge. He has not followed through on the rabies or dog license. Patty will send another non-compliance “fine” letter.
- Clerk/Treasurer Report – Monthly and quarterly financials were reviewed.
- Leimgruber Fence – George met with Bill to measure distance from center of the road to the fence. It is 21 feet from centerline. The Town right-of-way is 25 feet however George does not see where the fence will interfere with any road maintenance.
- VLCT PACIF Renewal – Workers’ Compensation, Property and Vehicle insurance is through PACIF. Patty reviewed questions and verified answers with the Board. More research needs to be done on valuation of certain items however the policy will be returned as is and can be updated at a later date. The liquid chloride trailer needs to be added and George will register with DMV to get a VIN for it.
- Town Hall – Trash after the Bazaar presented a challenge. Other events have also created a trash issue in light of Act 148. The Town Hall Agreement will be updated to include the removal of trash in compliance with Act 148. Patty will check into the “Certificate of Liability” listed in the agreement. Patty will try to find someone interested in cleaning the Town Hall. Patty would like to see the Town Hall used more. Dave will look into window cleaning for the Town Hall and Town Office for budgeting purposes. Dave will also check into getting quotes from commercial cleaners for the Town Hall.
Next Meeting Date: October 18, 2016 – The Board will do a survey of buildings at the beginning of the meeting in order to identify items that need quotes for budgeting purposes.
Adjournment: Matt motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:31 p.m.; Dave seconded; motion carried.
Approved: 10/18/2016 Recorded by: Tyna Gallagher