PRESENT: Matt Corron, Dave Larkin, Mona Colton, Patty Haskins, Erica Hurd, Ray Colton, Don Bass, Dot Williamson, Joyce Stevens, Mike Hildenbrand - DuBois & King
Agenda Modifications: Correspondence #8 – TRORC Clean Water Advisory Committee, Old Business #6 – Independent Contractor Documentation and #7 – Discontinuance Town Highway #15
Minutes Approval: Regular Meeting - 10/18/16
Public Present: Dot Williamson-NB #1 Snowmobile Trail Tweed River Drive
- EC Fiber Informational Meeting
- TRORC Offer of assistance for enhanced energy planning
- Methods and Tools for Transportation Resilience Planning Workshop
- Roads Scholar Workshop: Vermont Local Roads
- VLCT Municipal Action Paper No. 6 Water Quality: Keeping it clean
- CV Oil New Office Project Review Sheet
- WW - 3- 2619 Permit for CV Oil
- TRORC Clean Water Advisory Committee
- Riverside Farm Neighbors Update
- Asbestos Inspections for Buyout Properties
- Notice of Lawsuit and request to waiver service of a summons
- Liquor Permit for Library
- Town Employee Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Independent Contractor Documentation
- Discontinuance Town Highway #15
- Snowmobile Trail Tweed River Drive
- Town Hall Inspection - Board members will inspect town hall for potential repairs to budget for
- Snow Removal: Town Buildings
- Highwood Homeowners Association Concerns about Parking on Tweed River Drive
- HRS/FSA Renewal Due
- Town Cemetery Budget and Town Highway Budget
- Tweed River Open Space Bids
Next Meeting Date: November 15, 2016
Matt motioned to open the meeting; Mona seconded; the meeting was called to order at 6:02 p.m. Agenda modifications: Correspondence #8 – TRORC Clean Water Advisory Committee, Old Business #6 – Independent Contractor Documentation and #7 – Discontinuance Town Highway #15.
Minutes Approval: Matt motioned to approve the October 18, 2016 minutes; Mona seconded; minutes approved.
- EC Fiber Informational Meeting in the Library November 3, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
- TRORC offers assistance for enhanced energy planning that certifies the town is energy compliant. Information to be forwarded to the Planning Commission.
- Methods and Tools for Transportation Resilience Planning Workshop offered by TRORC on December 7, 2016 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Information to be forwarded to George.
- VTrans Roads Scholar Workshop: Vermont Local Roads – three workshops offered in November in different locations around the state. Information to be forwarded to George.
- VLCT Municipal Action Paper No. 6 Water Quality: Keeping it clean – no action required.
- CV Oil New Office Project Review Sheet from the Agency of Natural Resources. Request to sub-divide 60 acres into two lots: Lot 1 consisting of 10.07 acres for a new office and garage; and Lot 2 consisting of 49.97 acres. No action required.
- WW - 3- 2619 Permit for CV Oil from the Agency of Natural Resources for sub-division and development plans of 60 acre parcel requires Act 250 permit. No action required.
- TRORC Clean Water Advisory Committee – Pittsfield needs a representative on the committee. Matt will post opening to try to find an interested citizen.
- Riverside Farm Neighbors Update – Dave had not had any updates from Act 250 Compliance Officer. Matt will keep on agenda for future updates.
- Asbestos Inspections for Buyout Properties – Matt will meet with KD Associates on Wednesday November 2, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. to show them the buildings.
- Notice of Lawsuit and request to waiver service of a summons – The Town received a second one from the same person. VLCT is looking into it and will determine if they will litigate. Patty is waiting to hear back.
- Liquor Permit for Library special event – The Board decided not to authorize a Liquor Permit for this event. Vicky Bair, an underwriter with VLCT said the liability falls under the town’s insurance. The Board does not want to take the risk.
- Town Employee Blue Cross Blue Shield – Patty prepared Health Plan summary from the 2015 VLCT survey as the 2016 information is not available yet. The Board reviewed the information and will take it into consideration when deciding on the health plan benefit.
- Independent Contractor Documentation – Harvey’s Plumbing and Excavation submitted documents for Board review and approval. Matt motioned to approve Harvey’s as an independent contractor; Dave seconded; motion carried. Don Marshall painting submitted documents for Board review and approval. Matt motioned to approve Don as an independent contractor; Mona seconded; motion carried.
- Discontinuance Town Highway #15 – Marylou Scofield, town attorney, has provided the property description for the discontinuance of the segment of Town Highway #15 as it relates to the Kuendig property. Patty noted this will need to be addressed when the town gets the annual highway mileage verification from the state.
- Snowmobile Trail Tweed River Drive – Dot Williamson is working on re-routing the snowmobile trail now that Joe Desena has closed down the access across his Riverside property. The trail would run along the Nubers property on Lower Michigan onto the road, then across Route 100 onto Parmenter. Mona suggests Dot should talk to the landowners along the route. The trail will be marked with a curfew as it is primarily for snowmobilers to access services. Dot will speak to the landowners.
- Town Hall Inspection - Board members will inspect the town hall for potential repairs in order to have estimates for upcoming budget. The Board will meet at 7:00 a.m. on Friday, November 4, 2016. Patty will warn the meeting; Matt will take minutes.
- Snow Removal: Town Buildings – Patty will post job again this year. The Board discussed looking into finding a property maintenance contractor. It was suggested David Pezetti might be worth contacting. Dave to pursue contractor options.
- Highwood Homeowners Association (HHA) Concerns about Parking on Tweed River Drive – Michael Shor, a director on HHA board, sent an e-mail October 23, 2016 sharing homeowner concerns about parking along the lower portion of the road by Riverside Farm and the mailboxes for Highwood. They are inquiring about parking restrictions and if there use to be “No Parking” signs. Patty will give to George to investigate signs. Tyna will respond to Mr. Shor.
- HRS/FSA Renewal Due – The chart Patty prepared for Old Business #5 has a summary of HRA coverage. Mona states a rollover of funds is highly unusual. She suggests the amount is kept at $1,250 without rolling over. The Board will discuss further when determining the health plan benefit.
- Town Cemetery Budget and Town Highway Budget – Patty shared figures she received from Connie for the Cemetery budget and from George for the Highway budget. Some figures were adjusted.
- Tweed River Open Space Bids – One bid was received for the project even though there were 5 to 6 contractors at the pre-bid meeting. Harvey’s Plumbing and Excavating submitted a bid of $54,928 that includes $34,000 for two inches of topsoil over the entire area. Mike Hildenbrand reviewed bid for completeness and found it to be correct. Mike clarified that the top soil can be reduced, the willow stakes will not be planted and the two gravel berms will be removed. Matt motioned to accept the bid from Harvey’s for the open space project; Mona seconded the motion; motion carried.
Next Meeting Date: November 15, 2016
Adjournment: Matt motioned to adjourn the meeting at 8:03 p.m.; Dave seconded; motion carried.
Approved: November 15, 2016 Recorded by: Tyna Gallagher