PRESENT: Matt Corron, Dave Larkin, Mona Colton, Patty Haskins, Craig Bridge, Marion Abrams
Agenda Modifications: New Business #5 – Perpetual Care Funds; New Business #6 – Community Service request
Minutes Approval: Regular Meetings - 5/17/16 & 6/7/16
Public Present: Craig Bridge for Fast Trash; Marion Abrams for EC Fiber
- Green Mountain Economic Development Corporation
- VLCT News
- VLCT Legislative Wrap Up
- Town Highway Structures Grant Agreement
- Efficiency Vermont Reimbursement
- Closing FEMA Buyout - Peyton
- Town hall Projects
- Subcontractor and Sole Proprietor contract
- TH #15
- Application for Special Event Permit
- Vermont Farms Catering Request To Cater Malt, Vinous, and/or Spirituous Liquors on dates 6/24-6/26, 7/15-7/17, 7/29,7/30, 8/5, 8/6, 8/12, 8/13, 8/19, 8/20, 8/26, 8/27
- Fast Trash
- Clerk/Treasurer Report – Perpetual Care Funds
- Community Service Request
Next Meeting Date: July 5, 2016
Matt motioned to open the meeting; Mona seconded; the meeting was called to order at 6:02 p.m. The agenda was modified to include: New Business #5 – Perpetual Care Funds; New Business #6 – Community Service request.
Minutes Approval: Mona motioned to approve the May 17, 2016 minutes; Matt seconded; minutes approved. Matt motioned to approve the June 7, 2016 minutes; Dave seconded; minutes approved.
- Green Mountain Economic Development Corp. meeting at King Arthur Flour June 23, 2016 for anyone interested in learning more about what they do. No action.
- VLCT News – June issue received.
- VLCT Legislative Wrap – 2016 report received.
- Town Highway Structures Grant Agreement – Tweed River Drive bridge grant was awarded. There is a 10% in-kind match and this is in the budget. Mona motioned to approve the grant; Matt seconded; motion carried and agreement was signed.
- Efficiency Vermont Reimbursement – The town received $2,467.20 as a rebate for the insulation work performed in the Town Hall. No action.
4. Town Hall Projects – The Board discussed various small projects in light of the $2,500 budget. The larger painting project will not be done this year and Matt will contact Don Marshall. Mona volunteered to paint the entryway with the help of Joyce Stevens in the cooler weather. Flag pole may get painted, Connie would know how it is lowered if this project is pursued. Matt will research the VT Historic Preservation grant, briefly it is a 50% match with a maximum of $20,000 per grant, applications are due in September and it does cover structural projects. Matt will update the board at a future meeting.
5. Subcontractor and Sole Proprietor contract – Patty updated and customized the Contract for Services. The Board reviewed and approved sending it to VLCT for final approval.
6. TH #15 – Marylou will contact the Kuendigs regarding the easement they are requesting. Matt will check with George to determine if the area in question is in the town ROW.
- Application for Special Event Permit – Go America/Go Beverages dba as Whistlepig Whiskey has applied to set up a 10 x 10 tent for Farm to Fork Fondo Expo at Riverside Farm. Matt motioned to approve the application; Mona seconded; motion carried.
- Vermont Farms Catering Request to Cater Malt, Vinous, and/or Spirituous Liquors on the following dates in 2016: 6/24-6/26, 7/15-7/17, 7/29, 7/30, 8/5, 8/6, 8/12, 8/13, 8/19, 8/20, 8/26, 8/27. All events will be done by 10:00 p.m. Mona motioned to approve all 12 requests; Matt seconded; motion carried.
- ECFiber – Marion Abrams updated the Board on EC Fiber progress. The build from Bethel to Pittsfield is almost complete and just needs to be connected on the Pittsfield end. EC Fiber has applied for all pole permits (make-ready). The plan now includes all of Tweed River Drive rather than just the beginning of the road. EC Fiber received funds to build-out to six towns and Pittsfield came in 6th out of 24 towns. RFP have been received by seven bidders and EC Fiber hopes to start building in 2017. The build happens at no cost to the town.
- Fast Trash – Craig Bridge explained their Fast Trash service. They need a place in town to leave two containers: 12 yard for recycling and 8 yard for bulk metal. They would have a compacting truck in town on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon to collect trash and recycling. Pricing is $4 for 30-33 gallon bag or for two smaller kitchen-sized bags. They typically set-up at town garages, fire departments or other areas with access in and out plus space to leave containers.
- Clerk/Treasurer Report – Perpetual Care Funds: Patty shared information from VLCT on how these funds should be handled. The process needs to be clear. The Board will invite the Trustees of Public Funds and Cemetery Commission to the next meeting to discuss further.
- Community Service Request – Tyna asked the Board if they would consider having someone stain/paint the Town Hall railings, stairs and windows as community service project. The town would provide the supplies and the individual would perform the work. The Board took a brief tour to look at the items that need attention and agreed to have Dave work with the person to get this work done. Patty will supply Dave with contacts to obtain supplies.
Next Meeting Date: July 5, 2016
Adjournment: Matt motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:30 p.m.; Mona seconded; motion carried.
Recorded by: Tyna Gallagher