PRESENT: Matt Corron, Dave Larkin, Mona Colton, Patty Haskins, Tim Hunt, Dot Williamson, Ray and Lynda Colton, Jack and Margaret Conboy, Roger Stevens, Bill Oren, Rebecca Steward, Martha Beyersdorf, Steve Turner, Joe Rivers, Dean Spencer, Jeff Hegewald, Chris Braun, Ed Herson
Agenda Modifications: New Business #4 Theft at Highway Garage; #5 Town Ambulance Service
Minutes Approval: Regular Meeting - 12/6/16
Public Present: Board of Listers, Rebecca Steward, Bill Oren
- Central Vermont Council on Aging
- Vermont Association of Chiefs of Police Luncheon
- VLCT News December 2016
- Letter from Wendy Reese
- Re-routing Snowmobile Trail to Lower Michigan to Parmenter Place
- Snow Removal: Town Buildings
- Budgets - General Fund
- Motion for the Service of the Summons and Complaint
- Errors and Omissions, Davis and Ball
- Independent Contractor Documentation – Marylou Scofield PC
- Village Green Water Run-off
- Theft at Highway Garage
- Town Ambulance Service
Next Meeting Date: January 3, 2017
Matt motioned to open the meeting; Dave seconded; the meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. Agenda modifications: New Business #4 Theft at Highway Garage and #5 Town Ambulance Service.
Minutes Approval: Matt motioned to approve the December 6, 2016 minutes; Mona seconded; minutes approved.
Matt asked board if they were all in favor of the agenda; affirmed.
- Central Vermont Council on Aging requesting donation of $600; will include with budget.
- Vermont Association of Chiefs of Police Luncheon – Invitation to attend January 10, 2017. No action.
- VLCT News December 2016 received. No action.
- Wendy Reese - Letter of support regarding pay and benefits for the Road Commissioner and Town Clerk dated 12/5/16 was given to Mona so she could read it.
- Re-routing Snowmobile Trail to Lower Michigan to Parmenter Place – Matt opened the discussion stating this topic was warned incorrectly. Matt read an e-mail from Rebecca Steward dated December 14, 2016 requesting an alternate trail to be considered primarily due to the close proximity to her property along Parmenter Place. Matt read a letter from Bill Oren dated December 19, 2016 requesting the Board rescind their decision to allow snowmobile trail to travel along Lower Michigan Road and Parmenter Place. In addition he is concerned the topic was not warned properly. Matt read an e-mail from Ed Herson dated December 15, 2016 citing his concerns with snowmobiles traveling within close proximity of his property. Steve Turner and Joe Rivers, both residents along the alternate route, are in favor of it. Dot Williamson stated the purpose of the trail is for snowmobilers to get to services, such as food and fuel. Tim Hunt stated this is not a ‘forever’ solution; the speed limit and curfew will be posted. The curfew can be changed to an earlier time as well. The goal of the snowmobile club is to have the safest route available. It is not the Club’s intention to create issues and if any do arise they will address. Matt motioned to rescind the decision to allow the snowmobile club to re-route along Lower Michigan Road to Parmenter Place for access to services; all in favor favor – Matt in favor; all not in favor of rescinding – Mona and Dave not in favor. Final vote was one member in favor of rescinding the re-routing of the snowmobile trail and two members were not in favor of rescinding the re-routing of the snowmobile trail. The decision to allow the trail to be re-routed as approved at the December 6, 2016 meeting still stands.
- Snow Removal: Town Buildings – Matt spoke to David Pezzeti about setting a flat fee for the season. Mr. Pezzetti could not provide a flat fee. Based on previous quote and estimating how much snow removal might be needed the board will budget $1,500. Mr. Pezzetti has the town’s operating hours and will clear snow to accommodate these hours.
- Budgets - General Fund: Budget discussion started with salaries and continued reviewing items that needed to be filled in. Patty will have additional figures as more updates come in for the next meeting. Patty distributed a draft of the Town warning
- Motion for the Service of the Summons and Complaint re: Kayla Stevens v. Town Clerk of Pittsfield – Discussing litigation strategy in public places the Town at a substantial disadvantage. Motion to enter Executive Session to discuss this legal matter. Moved: Matt Corron. Seconded: Dave Larkin. Motion carried. Board entered at 8:27 p.m. Motion to exit Executive Session. Moved: Matt Corron. Seconded: Mona Colton. Motion Carried. Board exited at 8:35 p.m. Matt motioned to have the town attorney review the “Bi-Lateral Non-Waiver”; Mona seconded; all in favor, motion carried.
- Errors and Omissions, Davis and Ball – Martha Beyersdorf on behalf of the Listers briefed the Board on the Davis and Ball properties to be corrected on the Grand List. All board members were in favor of the corrections.
- Independent Contractor Documentation – Marylou Scofield PC: All board members were in favor of accepting Marylou’s documentation and signed off.
- Village Green Water Run-off – tabled for a future meeting.
- Theft at Highway Garage – George provided the board with a list items stolen from the garage and estimated costs for replacement.
- Town Ambulance Service – Dave spoke with Jim Finger of Regional Ambulance about how the town can join their service and what is the cost. Jim would determine a rate and then it goes to their Executive Member Board for a vote. If approved then the town can present it for a vote at Town Meeting. Dave will contact Jim again to ask if the town’s First Response Unit can operate under Regional’s umbrella.
Next Meeting Date: January 3, 2017
Adjournment: Matt motioned to adjourn the meeting at 9:00 p.m.; Dave seconded; motion carried.
Approved: January 3, 2017 Recorded by: Tyna Gallagher