“To listen to a recording of the meeting please click here”: https://fccdl.in/VLa6NQyDyw
DATE: July 5, 2021
PRESENT: Ann Kuendig, Joyce Stevens, A.J. Ruben
AGENDA MODIFICATIONS: Lister Reappraisal Insert for the tax bill – NB#2
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- USDA Forest Service – meeting invitation
- ARPA Certification
- Tax Rate Certification
- Lister Reappraisal Insert
NEXT MEETINTG DATE: Thursday, July 15, 2021
Ann called this Special Meeting of the Select Board to order at 6:12pm. Seconded by Joyce. All in favor. Ann had one agenda modification (see above).
- US Forest Service – meeting invitation. There will be a Virtual Public Meeting July 14, 2021, to learn about the proposed Telephone Gap Integrated Resource Project which will be in the GMNF Rochester and Middlebury Ranger Districts. It will be held from 6:30pm to 9:00pm. Project information is available at https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=60192. No further action.
- ARPA Certification – The Town has until 2024 to allocate the use of this money, but the funds need to be signed up for now. The funds will need to be used by 2026. Ann authorized it and said there are three motions which need to be acted upon. They are:
2) “I move that we appoint Ann Kuendig to serve as the Town’s ‘Authorized Representative’ as required by the Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Funding (CLFRF) from the US Treasury, to sign the Award Terms & Conditions and Assurance of compliance with the Civil Rights Requirements by August 30, 2021.” AJ moved to accept. Joyce seconded. All in favor
3) “I move that we name Pittsfield town Clerk Tricia Fryer to be the ‘Contact Person’ for the Town’s CLFRF Award from the US Treasury.” AJ seconded. All in favor.
Ann read through these and proceeded to sign the “Assurance of Compliance with Civil Rights Requirements” and the US Department of Treasury “Coronavirus State and Local Recovery Funds.” The Board talked about some of the possible ways this money can be used but rules are being formulated so nothing is set in stone. These documents just need to be kept on file in the Town Office.
- Tax Rate Certification – There is good news from the Vermont Department of Taxes. The Homestead Tax Rate is $1.2005 and the Non-Homestead Tax Rate is $1.4769. This means that with the Articles approved at Town Meeting last March, the 2021 Resultant Tax Rate becomes $1.7047 for Homesteads and $1.9811 for Non-Homesteads. These figures compare closely with those of 2019. Ann moved that the Board accept and set the tax rates as provided by the Town Treasurer. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
- Lister Reappraisal Insert for the tax bill – The Board felt that this information is a good idea to warn taxpayers and help them understand what will be happening in Town over the next few years. The reappraisal will not cost the Town any tax dollars. Ann moved that the Board approve the language of the insert for the Listers in notifying taxpayers of the upcoming reappraisal. AJ seconded. All in favor.
NEXT MEETINTG DATE: Thursday, July 15, 2021, at 6:00pm in the basement of the Town Office Building, both in person and virtually.
As there was no further business to discuss, Ann moved to adjourn the meeting at 6:27pm. Seconded by Joyce. All in favor.
Martha L. Beyersdorf, Secretary
Ann Kuendig Joyce Stevens A.J. Ruben