“To listen to a recording of the meeting please click here: https://bit.ly/3FXKSME
DATE: October 12, 2021
PRESENT: Ann Kuendig, Joyce Stevens, AJ Ruben
PUBLIC PRESENT: Trish Fryer
AGENDA MODIFICATIONS: none
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: September 22, 2021 Special Budget Meeting
- General Fund, Highway Fund, Cemetery Fund expenditures
- Schedule Department Hearings
NEXT BUDGET MEETING: October 26, 2021
Ann called the meeting to order at 5:07pm. AJ seconded. All in favor.
Agenda Modification: none
Approval of Minutes: This was tabled to the next budget meeting.
New Business: The Board addressed an item from the last meeting before beginning Parks and Grounds.
- Town Garage Phone/Internet: The garage has been using Consolidated Communications and the Town Office is using EC Fiber. Trish spoke with EC Fiber and they may be less expensive. Discussion. The Board agreed to have EC Fiber come to the garage and prepare a quote for installation. Trish will set it up and hopefully have more information at the next meeting.
Portable Toilet – Trish is waiting for a bill but anticipated $700.00 for the next year.
General Fund (continued) – Office Expense
- Tech Support & Software: Trish stated that she didn’t budget correctly in the past. She will use Saguaro’s figures. $4,615/year. There may be a subscription rate increase, but it’s not known yet.
- Website Maintenance – increase to $190.00 annually.
- Office Supplies – keep at $2,000.00 annually
- Postage – Trish said that this year was unusual due to elections, Covid, etc. She feels that keeping the numbers the same would be safe. $1,700.00 annually
- Salaries: COLA for 2022 will be 6%. Discussion. The Board discussed how much COLA to give the following positions: Town Clerk/Treasurer, Asst. Town Clerk/Treasurer, Parks & Grounds (2 employees), Auditors (3), Listers (3), and Hired Labor. AJ motioned to increase pay due to COLA at 4% and will wait for Trish to present new figures for her position due to additional work assigned to her. Ann suggested the Board review the Wage Guidelines to include possible rate increases (non COLA).
- Employee Benefits: No figures available yet.
- Town Office Education: decision to increase to $750.00 annually in anticipation of more in-person workshops/meetings.
- Town Officer Mileage: will remain the same at $500.00 annually.
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA): leave at $1,750 annually.
- Schedule Department Hearings. The Fire Department will be attending the October 26thmeeting. Listers and Library still need to be scheduled.
Next Special Budget Meeting: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 @ 5:00pm in the Town Office.
Ann made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 6:34pm. AJ seconded. All in favor.
Martha L. Beyersdorf, Secretary
Approved: October 26, 2021
Ann Kuendig Joyce Stevens A.J. Ruben