“To listen to a recording of the meeting please click here: https://bit.ly/32Bsp9u
DATE: December 21, 2021
PRESENT: Ann Kuendig, Joyce Stevens, AJ Ruben
PUBLIC PRESENT: Trish Fryer
AGENDA MODIFICATIONS: none
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: December 7, 2021 Special Budget Meeting Minutes
- Budget Expenditures
- Capital Improvement Proposals
- Treasurer-fund proposal
- 6-month budget handout
NEXT SPECIAL BUDGET MEETING: Tuesday, December 28, 2021
NEXT REGULAR MEETING: Thursday, January 6, 2022
Ann called the meeting to order at 5:08pm. Joyce seconded. All in favor. AJ moved to approve the Minutes of the December 7, 2021 Special Budget Meeting Minutes. Joyce seconded. All in favor. Ann moved to take NB1 out of order. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
- Budget Expenditures. Highway: The Total Highway Fund Revenue and Expenses were discussed. The Board wanted to look closer at some of the figures. The Town may be able to purchase a new grader sooner than 2023. Equipment figures were discussed. Cemetery: It appears that the Cemetery will not need funding this year. Joyce felt that they may need some new equipment. General Fund – Dues & Contributions: The Vermont Family Network is asking for a contribution of $250 for the first time. Trish read their letter explaining what services they provide. She noted that no requests have been received from NeighborWorks of Western Vermont or The Preservation Trust. Reminders have been sent to NeighborWorks by the Auditors. The Board discussed how much was budgeted for dues/contributions and it was felt $10,000 was the figure. Since no changes can be made to dues, AJ moved to budget a $10,000 threshold for contributions only and
December 21, 2021
have the dues separate. Ann seconded. All in favor. The Board decided to reduce the Rutland County Restorative Justice Center requested contribution of $1,000 to $500. Quin-Town will level-fund their contribution from the requested $4116 to $3500. Vermont Family Network will be budgeted $500. Under Budget Disbursement, the Board budgeted $1,000 towards the Computer Equipment Fund and $1,000 for the Recreation Fund. Listers: The Listers have requested $2,700 be put aside for the 10-year reappraisal. Ann said she didn’t have a clear idea of the cost of the reappraisal. They felt $90,000 - $100,000 would be a good estimate. Ann said she would like to know how much the State contributes annually, then decide. It was felt this would be an Article. The Board questioned where the purchase of the software to scan land records and putting them online are anywhere under Office Expense. The Secretary will check with Trish on this.
- Capital Improvement Proposals. No action
- Treasurer-fund proposal-No action
- 6-month budget handout. At the last Select Board meeting the Board looked at this. Trish plans to post this to the Town’s website and have it available at the January 11thSpecial Town Meeting.
Highway: Trish was asked if the $6,465.99 from the Better Back Roads Grant had been received. It appeared that it hadn’t. Ann felt the Town should have received it by now. Ann will reach out to Rita at Two Rivers Out of Quechee.
There were no other questions on the 6-month budget. Ann requested that the sandwich board be placed on the Green with details on the January Special Budget Meeting.
Pittsfield Select Board Special Budget Meeting Minutes page 3
December 21, 2021
- Joyce expressed her feeling that the Town Office should go back to an appointment only status. Trish will be asked how she feels. Ann said she would check with VLCT and add it to the next meeting’s agenda.
NEXT SPECIAL BUDGET MEETING: Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 5:00pm in the Town Hall.
NEXT REGULAR MEETING: Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 6:00pm in the Town Hall.
Ann made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 6:52pm. AJ seconded. All in favor.
Martha L. Beyersdorf, Secretary
Ann Kuendig Joyce Stevens A.J. Ruben