TOWN MEETING DAY
TUESDAY MARCH 5, 2019
CALL TO ORDER - The duly warned SCHOOL BOARD MEETING was called to order at the PITTSFIELD FEDERATED CHURCH at 10:02 p.m with Kris and Ray and many townspeople present.
- ELECT A MODERATOR: Sandy Begin motioned to open and Charles Piso seconded. George Deblon was nominated moderator by Erika Hurd and seconded by Sarah Gallegher. One vote was cast and nomination carried unanimously.
- AUDITORS REPORT: Sandy Begin motioned to open and was seconded by Erika Hurd. Report was accepted and motion to accept was made by Amanda Berry and seconded by Erika Hurd and was unanimously carried.
- WILL PITTSFIELD SCHOOL BOARD VOTE TO PAY TAXES IN SAME MANNER AS TOWN: Motion to open by Sandy Begin and seconded by Marsha Hopkins. Motion to accept by Herb Keundig and seconded by Erika Hurd. Passed unanimously.
- REPORTS OF SCHOOL DIRECTORS: Motion to open by Sandy Begin and seconded by Charles Piso. Motion to accept was made by Michelle Bissel and seconded by Dave Hunt. Carried unanimously.
- SHALL VOTERS APPROVE TOTAL SCHOOL BUDGET: TOTAL SCHOOL BUDGET OF $1,136,492. Motion to open was made by Mark Begin and seconded by Erika Hurd. Motion to approve was made by Mark Begin and seconded by Erika Hurd. Budget passed unanimously.
- ELECT NEW SCHOOL DIRECTOR: Motion to open elections of a new school director for a three year term was made by Charles Piso and seconded by Sandy Begin. Ray nominated PETER DUBOIS. Hearing no other nominations motion to elect made by Sandy Begin and seconded by Mark Begin. Election was unaninous. Welcome Peter.
- TO DO NECESSARY BUSINESS: Motion to open was made by Elizabeth Dietz and seconded by Mark Begin. ENTIRE TOWN OF PITTSFIELD THANKED A.J. RUBEN FOR HIS MANY YEARS OF SERVICE AND ACTIONS TO HELP EDUCATE THE YOUTH OF PITTSFIELD. HE IS APPRECIATED. Much lengthy clapping ensued. Ray added to please Thank A.J and Becca if you see them out and about. Motion carried to Thank A.J. and was unanimously approved.
- ADJOURN BACK TO TOWN MEETING: Motion to adjourn made by Ray at 10:26 seconded by Kris. Passed unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by Ray Rice
Approved : s/Ray Rice s/Kris Sperber