To listen to a recording of the meeting please click here: https://bit.ly/3eZEPPl
DATE: October 20, 2021
PRESENT: Ann Kuendig, Joyce Stevens, AJ Ruben
PUBLIC PRESENT: Trish Abbondelo, Town Clerk & Treasurer
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: October 6, 2022 Special Budget Meeting
1. Budget: General Fund
2. Town Report: Auditors’ Timeline
3. Insurance: Health Insurance and Comp
Ann called the meeting to order at 5:08pm. Seconded by AJ. All in favor. Ann moved to accept the Minutes of the October 6, 2022 Special Budget Meeting. AJ seconded. All in favor. Item 3 was addressed out of order.
1. Budget: General Fund. Trish opened by explaining that the fire truck loan has been paid off a year early due to an error in making the first payment using the General Fund instead of drawing on the loan. The advantages of this have been that interest was saved and the loan has been paid off therefore there is no need to budget anything for this year.
Revenue & Receipts: The items with figures were reviewed. GF: no changes; HW: a line item was added for the Municipal Roads Project Grant (MRPG); Cemetery: interest and dividend projections were reduced.
2. Town Report: Auditors’ Timeline. Not discussed due to time.
3. Insurance: Health Insurance and Comp. Trish provided a spreadsheet of the MVP Vermont Small Group Plans for 2023 and explained the changes from last year and between the new Platinum and Gold plans. The Town pays 100% of the premiums for the Platinum plan for full time employees. Discussion of options to address the $1553 annual increase included changing plans for a lower premium, deductibles, or town contribution amounts to HRA offered to full time employees. Ann said she would like to see what other towns are doing. It was decided to revisit this at the next meeting when more information is available.
NEXT BUDGET MEETINGS: - Thursday, October 27th 5-7pm Town Office
* open for Department Capital Improvement presentations
Ann moved to adjourn the meeting at 6:30pm. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
Martha L. Beyersdorf, Secretary
Approved: October 27, 2022
Ann Kuendig Joyce Stevens A.J. Ruben