To listen to a recording of the meeting please click here: https://bit.ly/3Mryl7A (2ndpart) https://bit.ly/3tuE9EI
DATE: March 3, 2022
PRESENT:Ann Kuendig, Joyce Stevens, AJ Ruben
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: February 17, 2022 Regular Meeting
1. ARPA Rescue Plan – Committee & Reporting Staff.
2. Grants – Grant Writers.
3. Town Officials – Appointed & Elected Vacancies.
1. DTA Program-Hazard Mitigation – Discussion with CEO Rob Petrie.
2. Town Hall – Lift Roof.
3. Town Office – Generator.
NEXT REGULAR MEETING: Thursday, March 17, 2022 6pm Town Hall
Ann called the meeting to order at 6:07pm. AJ seconded. All in favor. Joyce moved to approve the Minutes of the February 17, 2022 Regular Meeting. AJ seconded. All in favor.
1. ARPA Rescue Plan – Committee & Reporting Staff. Ann said that she sent out letters to the following members of the committee: AJ Ruben (Select Board), Katie Stiles (PCC), Lynda Colton (business owner), Phil Lipari (resident) and Micheline Bissell (Planning Commission). There are still two vacancies for residents. Some names were suggested. AJ felt the first meeting should be towards the end of March. Joyce suggested the non-SB Thursdays. It was agreed that the first meeting of this committee would be Thursday, March 24 at 6pm in the Town Hall. It would be an in-person/Teams meeting. Ann suggested a secretary should be selected to take the Minutes and that an agenda should be made available two days prior to the meeting. The grant reporting staff position was discussed and Ann moved to offer the position to Trish as the authorized representative for reporting of ARPA funds. It would be a paid position at an hourly rate. Seconded by AJ. All were in favor.
Pittsfield Select Board Regular Meeting Minutes page 2
March 3, 2022
2. Grants – Grant Writers. Ann said she sent Tom Warhol the Fire Department grant application for an estimate of how long it would take to complete. He replied that for Federal grants – 10-15 hrs, State – 5-10 hrs, and Private/Corporate 2-6 hrs. His hourly rate is $70.00. Members agreed the next step is to choose a grant program to apply for and hire the grant writer then determine other grants to apply for. A discussion also addressed anyone using the grant writer and subsequently is awarded a grant, should put some money into a “pot” that can be used for the next one using the writer. The Secretary was asked to create a yearly calendar noting grant information, deadline information, etc. Ann said she would forward what she has to the Secretary.
4. Town Officials – Appointed & Elected Vacancies. Ann reached out to Rebecca Steward regarding the Green Up Day position and she is still willing to do it. Olivia Grasso has also expressed an interest and will be added. It was decided to change the drop-off area from the Town Hall to the Town Garage to discourage the leaving of tires. This will be posted and publicized. There are three Planning Commission and two Zoning Board of Adjustment vacancies still to be filled.
1. DTA Program – FEMA Community Education Outreach. – FEMA Community Education Outreach. Hazard Mitigation – Discussion with CEO Rob Petrie. This was tabled until the Board gets more information on the Outreach program.
2. Town Hall Lift Roof. The entire roof structure needs to be replaced. AJ suggested the Building Committee obtain two estimates before possibly filing a claim for the damage that was done by the Town truck. The accident is considered an MVA. Ann said she would reach out to two contractors.
3. Town Office – Generator. Two companies have assessed the Town’s need for a generator and have made their suggestions. There was discussion as to whether to purchase one large or two smaller generators. The Building Committee will get details on generator needs for Town Hall and the Select Board will work on the generator needs for Town Office. It was decided to contact Eric Lanteigne for his opinion regarding the electrics. ARPA funds could be used to pay for this project.
As there was no further business to discuss, Ann moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:07pm. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
Martha L. Beyersdorf, Secretary
Approved: March 17, 2022
Ann Kuendig Joyce Stevens A.J. Ruben