“To listen to a recording of the meeting please click here: https://bit.ly/3rQIW2h
DATE: January 20, 2022
PRESENT: Ann Kuendig, AJ Ruben. Joyce Stevens via Teams
PUBLIC PRESENT: (virtually) Brett Yates
AGENDA MODIFICATIONS: Cleaning Equipment Request NB6
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: January 6, 2022 Regular Meeting, December 28, 2021 Special Budget Meeting, and January 11, 2022 Special Town Meeting
- USDA Forest Service – Woodstock Inn Special Permit
- Sand Shed – Draft Bid
- 2022 Annual Budget - Approval
- Liquor Licenses – Swiss Farm Market
- Contractor Paperwork – Mike Juris Electrician
- Treasurer’s Report – December Financials
- Town Meeting – March; Approval or Postpone
- ARPA – Spending Program Next Steps
- Town Office – Cleaning Equipment Request
NEXT REGULAR MEETING: Thursday, February 3, 2022 6pm Town Hall
Ann called the meeting to order at 5:56pm. AJ seconded. All in favor. Ann presented an Agenda Modification (see above). Seconded by AJ. All in favor. Ann moved to approve the Minutes of the January 6, 2022 Regular Meeting. AF seconded. All in favor. AJ moved to approve the Minutes of the December 28, 2021 Special Budget Meeting. Joyce seconded. All in favor. Joyce moved to approve the Minutes of the January 11, 2022 Special Town Meeting. AJ seconded. All in favor.
Pittsfield Select Board Regular Meeting Minutes page 2
January 20, 2022
- USDA Forest Service – Woodstock Inn Special Permit. This permit is for an outfitter and guide permit. The Inn is interested in offering fly fishing trips to various locations. They currently meet all the guidelines. The USDA is requesting the Town of Pittsfield submit comments by January 31 if they have any. No action.
- Sand Shed – Draft Bid. Ann said that the actual bid was some 336 pages. She added that she prepared a construction timeline and process and handed out copies. Highlighted topics include:
- Bid Date. Should be determined in a week or two, when VTrans receives their go ahead from FHWA. The request for funds was submitted In early December.
- Pre-bid Conference. This will be held within 15 days of the bid date. The Municipal Project Manager will answer questions and the bid will be available at the Town Office for review.
- Bids due 30 days from bid date and on a Thursday.
- MPM and Dubois & King review bids into the record at the next Select Board meeting.
- Execute a contract. This will be done 30 days from the Notice of Award.
- Pre-Construction Conference. This will be determined by the Contractor, Engineer, Town, and George.
- Advertisement. This will be posted on the VT Biz Registry, the local paper, and emailed to all pre-qualified contractors on the State list. These include: Wright Construction, Mount Holly; VMS Construction, Rutland; Naylor & Breen Builders, Brandon; Miller Construction, Windsor; Belden Construction, Rutland; All Seasons Construction Corp, Springfield.
- Payment. 50% of the cost of mobilization/demobilization ($30,000) - $15,000 or 10% of the adjusted cost of the contract. Our threshold is $303,000. The percentage is due at the signing. A payment plan will need to be set up and typically the contractor does this.
- 2022 Annual Budget – Approval. Ann moved to table the vote until the next meeting. AJ seconded. All in favor.
- Liquor Licenses – Swiss Farm Market. Ann moved to approve and sign the renewal application. Seconded by AJ. Joyce recused herself. The approval passed.
- Contractor Paperwork – Mike Juris Electrician. Ann moved to approve the paperwork and have it on file in the Town Office. Joyce seconded. All in favor. Ann said that Mike provided lighting for the skating rink, Library, and put a timer on the front and side doors.
Pittsfield Select Board Regular Meeting Minutes page 3
January 20, 2022
She said she asked him to send separate bills (for payment from the Recreation Fund and Town Office Fund).
- Treasurer’s Report – December Financials. Ann moved to approve. Seconded by Joyce. All in favor.
- Town Meeting – March; Approval or Postpone. Ann presented two options for Town Meeting this year: Hold an informational meeting remotely and vote by Australian ballot or postpone the meeting to a date later in the year. Joyce suggested the end of April/early May where windows could be opened, and people could feel more comfortable in a group setting. Discussion. Ann moved to hold the annual Town Meeting on Tuesday, May 3rdat 6:00pm per Act 77. Seconded by Joyce. All in favor. It was decided to postpone any action on the Warning and Budget to provide an opportunity to make any potential changes. Ann wanted to know how much time the Auditors would like to complete the Town Report. Martha said she would check with them and report back to the Board.
- ARPA – Spending Program Next Steps. Ann said she spoke with Pete Fellows at TRORC and any overage in the sand shed project can be paid for with ARPA funds. She suggested that they start having community meetings and perhaps do some short-term projects. Joyce suggested setting up a meeting and get ideas from the community and have a TRORC representative to answer questions/provide clarification. An evening meeting at 6:00pm on Thursday, February 10thwas suggested, and this will be checked with TRORC for their ability. Information can be put on social media and the sandwich board on the Green.
- Town Office – Cleaning Equipment Request. Trish has requested $250 to purchase a vacuum cleaner and steam cleaner for the floors. Discussion. It was felt that a cordless stick vacuum would be the best option. Ann moved to approve the purchase of cleaning equipment for the Town Office. AJ seconded. All in favor.
- In person/Remote Meetings. Ann asked for the Board’s feeling on going back to remote meetings or in person. It was felt that in-person was the best option for now. The Board will continue with in-person meetings at this time.
Pittsfield Select Board Regular Meeting Minutes page 4
January 20, 2022
As there was no further business to discuss, Ann moved to adjourn the meeting at 6:50pm. AJ seconded. All in favor.
Martha L. Beyersdorf, Secretary
Approved: February 3, 2022
Ann Kuendig Joyce Stevens A.J. Ruben