To listen to a recording of the meeting please click here: https://bit.ly/3WbmvTG
DATE: December 15, 2022
PRESENT: Ann Kuendig, Joyce Stevens, AJ Ruben
PUBLIC PRESENT: Betty Warner
AGENDA MODIFICATIONS: NB#3 – NEMRC Contract; NB#4 Grand List Errors and Omissions; NB#5 – Executive Session
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: December 1, 2022 Regular Meeting Minutes
1. Planning Commission – Draft of 2023 Town Plan
2. White River Valley Consortium – events
1. Grant Writer – Invoice for Grader Grant
2. Town Hall – Useage/Rental Policy update
3. Job Description – Assistant Town Clerk/Treasurer for approval
1. Treasurer’s Report – November Financials.
2. Town Hall – Invoice for electrical installation – Lubek Electric; Juris Hire
3. Listers – NEMRC contract.
4. Listers – Grand List Errors and Omissions.
5. Executive Session – 1 V.S.A. § 313 (1) (E) – probable civil litigation
NEXT MEETING DATE: Thursday, January 5, 2023
Ann called the meeting to order at 6:10pm. AJ seconded. All in favor. Ann introduced the Agenda Modifications (see above). AJ seconded. All in favor. A motion to approve the Minutes of the December 1, 2022 Regular Meeting was made by AJ. Seconded by Joyce. All in favor. Ann moved to take Betty out of order. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
1. Planning Commission – Draft of 2023 Town Plan. The Board formally accepted the plan. There will be a public hearing on the draft on January 12, 2023 at 7pm. It can be attended in person and accessed online. The matrix will be available on the Town’s website. People are encouraged to review it.
2. White River Valley Consortium – events. Ann said this correspondence was a reminder of upcoming events. There are also webinars on the calendar.
Pittsfield Select Board Regular Meeting Minutes page 2
December 15, 2022
1. Grant Writer – Invoice for Grader Grant. Ann said she received an invoice for the services in determining if a grant could be applied for to help purchase a new grader. Unfortunately the Town does not qualify for the grant, however the invoice does need to be paid. It was pointed out that no money was included in the budget for the grant writer. The Board felt that in the future, some research prior to contacting the grant writer needs to be done so that money is not expended if it’s not likely to have a positive result. AJ moved to approve the paying of the invoice and to include money in the budget for future grant writing. Joyce seconded. All in favor. After discussion $2,000 was approved for this and will be added to the budget.
2. Town Hall – Useage/Rental Policy update. Ann said she wasn’t able to update the policy. Joyce mentioned her discussion with Ray Harvey and felt we were undercharging based on Pierce Hall’s fees. AJ felt the fee should be more attractive so that it would be more likely to be used. AJ suggested asking for a volunteer at Town Meeting to oversee this or should it become part of the recreation department? Ann said she would put together a job description for this and make a flyer to present at Town Meeting.
3. Listers – NEMRC contract. Betty and the Board reviewed the contract for the services from NEMRC. Changes previously discussed had been made to the contract. Ann moved to sign the contract. Seconded by Joyce. All in favor. NEMRC’s services will begin January 1, 2023 The contract is for 6 months with the option to continue.
4. Listers – Grand List Errors and Omissions. Betty explained what this document was, what the error was, and why the change was made. The change results in a decrease of $3,400 to the Grand List. AJ moved to approve and sign this. Seconded by Joyce. All in favor.
5. Job Description – Assistant Town Clerk/Treasurer for approval. Formal changes were made to the job description, and it was reviewed by the Board. Ann moved to approve the job description. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
1. Treasurer’s Report – November Financials. Ann moved to accept. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
2. Town Hall – Invoice for electrical installation – Lubek Electric; Juris Hire. This invoice has already been approved and paid. Mike Juris needs to get into the building and complete the work. The Committee would also like to see his fee reduced to be inline with the existing electrical contract. There was discussion about permits and the work being done with the appropriate inspections.
3. Executive Session – 1 V.S.A. § 313 (1) (E) – probable civil litigation. Ann moved to enter into Executive Session at 6:58pm. The Board exited Executive Session at 7:11pm.
Ann moved to adjourn the regular meeting at 7:12pm. Seconded by Joyce. All in favor.
NEXT MEETING DATE: Thursday, January 5, 2023 @6pm Town Office Building.
Pittsfield Select Board Regular Meeting Minutes page 3
December 15, 2022
Martha L. Beyersdorf, Secretary
Ann Kuendig Joyce Stevens A.J. Ruben