PITTSFIELD SELECT BOARD SPECIAL BUDGET MEETING
To listen to a recording of the meetings please click here: https://bit.ly/3RuqA5x
DATE: November 30, 2023
PRESENT: Ann Kuendig, Joyce Stevens, AJ Ruben
1.Grant – VORIC grant
2.Town Hall/Town Office – Fire Alarm inspection
3.Grant – Grants in Aid Technical Assistance
Ann moved to open the meeting at 5:52pm. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
1. Grant: VORIC grant. Ann said there have been no public comments so far. AJ said he has reached out and spoken with some people. AJ reviewed what he had done so far. He solicited bids from two more recreation planning consulting firms and will meet with Meghan from TRORC in filling out the application for the VOREC planning grant that is due December 15, 2023.
2. Town Hall/Town Office: Fire Alarm inspection. Ann moved to accept the bid for the fire alarm inspection at $6029.10 plus $5.00 for ten fire extinguishers. $50.00 was added. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
3. Better Roads Grant – Grant and technical assistance. Ann said that the grants and awards are due December 20, 2024 for FY25. Part of the grant can be used for technical assistance from TRORC to help George identify and document road segments that need to be brought into state compliance. The scope of work includes: a pre-construction site visit with town staff and a report, a sketch map of the proposed work and photograph. Discussion. Ann moved to reach out to Rita at TRORC and sign the contract. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
Ann moved to adjourn at 6:05pm. AJ seconded. All in favor.
PUBLIC PRESENT: George Deblon
Ann moved to open the Special Budget Meeting at 6:05pm. Joyce seconded. All in favor. Ann said there is no agenda modifications AJ moved to approve the November 9, 2023 Budget Meeting Minutes. Joyce seconded. All in favor. Ann moved to take George out of order as New Business #1 Seconded by Joyce. All in favor.
1. GF Budget. (tabled to next budget meeting)
NEW BUSINESS: Highway Budget (Budget PDF)
Pittsfield Select Board Regular & Special Budget Meeting Minutes page 2
November 30, 2023
George and the Board went through the various items in the proposed budget. These included Fuels, Hired Equipment, Materials, Employee Benefits, Other, and Repairs. Changes and/or additions to the FY 25 proposed Highway budget:
· Temporary Help:-increase to $5,250
· All Other:- increase to $7,000. (this includes $5,500 for canopy trimming on Lookout Road)
· Salt:-decrease to $0
· Guardrail/signs: decrease to $1,500. (may revisit once George gets an estimate for installing guard rail on Liberty Hill road)
· George also requested that the word International be dropped from all line items as we no longer have that truck.
There was discussion on several items such as the work exchange with Stockbridge regarding Tweed River Drive vs South Hill Road. There was concern that it be equitable. George will talk with Stockbridge Road commissioner. Also discussed was roadside mowing equipment and the grader. George will look into other places to rent a mower for next summer. George said he would like to add a line item to the budget for tree trimming. The board decided to include tree trimming under Other in Hired Equipment. He added that he didn’t see any emergency projects that need to be done but did recommend continuing the Upper Michigan Road project that was started a few years ago. Harvey’s did the work on that job by the general store. He said he would like to continue it up past Sandy Robinson’s in the future. The Board asked George to get an estimate on the cost of the project.
As there was no further business to discuss, Ann moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:39pm. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
Martha L. Beyersdorf
December 14, 2023
Ann Kuendig Joyce Stevens A.J. Ruben