To listen to a recording of the meeting, please click here: https://bit.ly/3WJzzkl
DATE: May 18, 2023
PRESENT: Ann Kuendig, Joyce Stevens, AJ Ruben
PUBLIC PRESENT: Brett Yates (via Teams)
AGENDA MODIFICATIONS: NB#6: Fuchs Independent Contractor paperwork; NB#7: Vermont Farms Catering - request to use the Park ‘N’ Ride; Minutes of the May 2, 2023 Special Meeting
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: May 4, 2023 Regular Meeting
1. Citizen Concern/Complaint – Green follow-up
2. Citizen Concern/Complaint – Rubin follow-up
3. Financials – CD investment update
4. Construction Projects – Updates: Basketball Court; Fire House Paving
5. Town Plan – 2023 Draft
6. Village Center Designation –
7. Appointments – Town Officials
8. Town Garage – lights
1. Financials – Treasurer’s Report April
2. Village Green – Use Policy
3. Dogs – Delinquent Dog List
4. Town Hall – Blood Drive July 29
5. Select Board – Summer Schedule
6. Contractors – Fuchs Independent Contractor paperwork
7. Vermont Farms Catering – request to use the Park ‘N’ Ride for events
NEXT MEETING DATE: June 1, 2023
Ann called the meeting to order at 5:58pm. Joyce seconded. All in favor. Ann presented the Agenda Modifications (see above). AJ moved to approve the Minutes of the May 2, 2023 Special Meeting. Seconded by Ann. All in favor. AJ also moved to approve the Minutes of the May 4, 2023 Regular Meeting. Seconded by Joyce. All in favor.
Pittsfield Select Board Regular Meeting Minutes page 1
May 18, 2023
1. Citizen Concern/Complaint – Green follow-up. Joyce reported that George checked out the ditches and cleaned them out. Ann will send a response to Isabelle.
2. Citizen Concern/Complaint – Rubin follow-up. Joyce reported that the pump house was turned off, but is now on. She said there is a slight overflow but is not a problem and not causing any visible damage to the Rubin driveway. Ann said she would send a response to Suana.
3. Financials – CD investment update. Three 6-month CDs have been opened at Mascoma Bank. Monthly reports will be sent to Trish.
4. Construction Projects – Updates: Basketball Court; Fire House Paving. A tentative date to pave the basketball court is mid to late June. George has removed the fencing in preparation. The fence guy and painter is on stand-by. Joyce said the Fire House paving estimate has increased by $3,000.00 for a total of $18,562 and may include line painting and will be done in early June. Independent Contractor paperwork needs to be completed.
5. Town Plan – 2023 Draft. The draft has been submitted to TRORC and a vote has been scheduled for May 24th. Ann read to the Board the Energy Compliance Resolution which needs to be included in the Plan. Ann moved to pass and sign the Energy Compliance Resolution. Seconded by AJ. All in favor.
6. Village Center Designation – Ann said that the Board needs to wait for the official vote. She also noted that the state’s Emergency Management has approved the LEMP. This will be put on the next meeting’s agenda.
7. Appointments – Town Officials. AJ made a motion to reduce the number of Zoning Board of Adjustment members from five to three. Joyce seconded. All in favor. Joyce said she spoke with Don Bass and he has agreed to step down.
8. Town Garage – lights. Ann noted that the purchase of lights was approved last summer at a cost of $1,080.00 for the replacement of six lights. Mike Juris has said he could replace all nine for $1,632.00. Ann said she checked with Efficiency Vermont regarding any rebate, but unfortunately it expired on April 30, 2023. The Highway budget will be reviewed to see where the money was put last year and come up with the difference. Ann moved to accept the amount of $1632.00. AJ seconded. All in favor.
1. Financials – Treasurer’s Report April. This was tabled to the next meeting.
2. Village Green – Use Policy. Ann felt that a broader discussion was needed. There doesn’t appear to be anything regarding the Green’s useage. The Fire Department has indicated they would like to bring back the Bazaar but doesn’t want to deal with the waivers. Discussion. Ann said she checked with VLCT and they suggested that it would depend on what the event was. The other issue is the Fire Department is a Town department. This will be discussed further at the next meeting.
3. Dogs – Delinquent Dog List. Ann reported that there is only one unlicensed dog. There was a question on how the late fees appear on the monthly financial report. Discussion. The Board authorized the Town Clerk to send a letter with the fine to the owner.
4. Town Hall – Blood Drive July 29. The Red Cross needs another blood drive. DelRay Merrill was asked to oversee the event. The Town Hall could be used as it has a lift and air conditioning. AJ moved to approve the use of the Town Hall. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
5. Select Board – Summer Schedule. Dates were discussed. The next meeting will be June 1st with the second meeting on the 15th if needed. July’s meeting will be on the 13th and August’s on the 17th. The regular schedule will resume in September. AJ moved to approve the summer schedule. Seconded by Joyce. All in favor.
Pittsfield Select Board Regular Meeting Minutes page 2
May 18, 2023
6. Contractors – Fuchs Independent Contractor paperwork. Ann moved to approve and sign. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
7. Vermont Farms Catering – request to use the Park ‘N’ Ride for events. AJ moved to approve their request. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
NEXT MEETING DATE: Thursday, June 1, 2023 @ 6pm in the Town Hall
As there was no further business to conduct, Ann moved to adjourn the meeting at 6:55pm. Joyce seconded. All in favor.
Martha L. Beyersdorf, Secretary
Approved: june 1, 2024
Ann Kuendig Joyce Stevens A.J. Ruben