DATE: February 7, 2017
PRESENT: Matt Corron, Mona Colton, Patty Haskins, Jim Finger – Rutland Ambulance Service, Greg Martin, Jon Prendergast, Jan Carbone, John Carbone, Steve Turner, Dot Williamson, Rebecca Steward, Bill Leimgruber, Coral Hawley, Caleb Hawley, David Colton, Margaret Conboy, Jack Conboy, Ellen Martin, Vern Haskins, Joe Rivers, Lynda Colton, Ray Colton
Agenda Modifications: New Business #9 Monthly Financials for January
Minutes Approval: Regular Meeting - 1/17/17 and Special Meeting – 1/20/17
Public Present: Jim Finger, Rutland Ambulance Service
- Window Repair Systems
- FY 2018 Vermont Better Roads Grant Program
- VTrans Training
- Spring Selectboard Institute
- Stagecoach 2016 Annual Report
- TRORC TAC 2019 Project Rankings
- Warning of VLCT Special Membership Meeting
- 2020 Census LUCA
- VLCT Weekly Legislative Report
- Letter From Snowmobile Club Member
- FEMA Guidelines
- Control Technologies Contract
- Bid award for 113 Park place and 2335 Rt 100
- Tweed River Open Space Timeline Update
- Annual Town Report Printing
- Regional Ambulance Service
- Stephens V. Pittsfield
- Garofalo Response Letter
- Discontinuance of TH#15 Plan of Action
- Department of Public Safety Grant Amendment
- Village Green Paving Estimate
- VTrans Bridge Project
- Monthly Financials for January
Next Meeting Date: February 21, 2017
Matt motioned to open the meeting; Mona seconded; the meeting was called to order at 6:02 p.m. Agenda modifications: New Business #9 Monthly Financials for January. All board members were in favor of the agenda.
Minutes Approval: Matt motioned to approve the regular meeting minutes for January 17, 2017; Mona seconded; minutes approved. Matt motioned to approve the special meeting minutes for January 20, 2017; Mona seconded; minutes approved.
- Window Repair Systems – solicitation about services; no action.
- FY 2018 Vermont Better Roads Grant Program – information forwarded to the Road Commissioner; no action.
- VTrans Training – Road Commissioner has information; no action.
- Spring Selectboard Institute – scheduled for Saturday, March 18, 2017; possible attendees will be determined after Town Meeting.
- Stagecoach 2016 Annual Report – report received, no action.
- TRORC TAC 2019 Project Rankings – Bridge 126 (junction of Route 100 and Lower Michigan Road) is ranked 13th. Road patching is not holding up; Matt will contact VTrans about this situation.
- Warning of VLCT Special Membership Meeting – scheduled for Wednesday, February 15 during local government day.
- 2020 Census LUCA – Local Update Census Addresses (LUCA) for 2020 Census is voluntary. Requesting town to match Pittsfield addresses with Census addresses. Patty and Listers will review and if not too time-consuming they will work on the project.
- VLCT Weekly Legislative Report – several items of note: New bill H.42 for voters to authorize the Select Board to appoint town clerk and treasurer; same bill would make the offices of treasurer and collector of delinquent taxes incompatible. Propose extending time to consolidate by one year for Act 46. Possibly require each town to provide primary police coverage.
- Letter From Snowmobile Club Member – Jack Conboy contacted Vermont government officials with concerns about the possible closure of the snowmobile bridge in Stockbridge based on one person’s complaint. Ray Colton submitted letters from several local businesses supporting the use of this bridge for board members to review.
- FEMA Guidelines – Rebecca Steward submitted information regarding FEMA guidelines for change of use as it pertains to Tweed River Park. Patty contacted Mary Russ of the White River Partnership and Tory Levite of TRORC for guidance on this issue. They recommended contacting Lauren Oates in the Department of Emergency Management to determine if snowmobile traffic is compatible with outdoor recreation.
- Control Technologies (CT) Contract – They recommend the town use CV Oil to clean and do repairs to the boiler. CT will conduct all necessary inspections and identify for Owner items needing attention/repair/replacement twice a year with an annual contract. Mona motioned to accept the annual maintenance agreement; Matt seconded; annual contract signed. Patty will have CT inspect and then contact CV Oil to service the boiler in the fall.
- Bid award for 113 Park place and 2335 Rt 100 – Tory Levite reviewed the two bids – Casella Construction Inc. and G & N Excavation Inc. – both met the requirements of the RFP. She recommended Casella Construction Inc. based on price. Matt motioned to award the bid to Casella Construction Inc.; Mona seconded; motion carried. Board secretary will e-mail both bidders with the results.
- Tweed River Open Space Timeline Update – Reminder from TRORC that all invoices for this project must be received before June 30, 2017. Harvey’s is to start construction in April with a completion date of early June. The board will remind DuBois & King in early April of the deadline.
- Annual Town Report Printing – no action.
- Regional Ambulance Service (RAS) – Jim Finger gave an overview of their services and fielded questions from the public. The town would vote to join the service and the town would have to vote to leave the service. RAS has 7 ambulances, provide training for first responders and they would be under RAS licensing, time/distance to transport from Pittsfield to Rutland is same as Pittsfield to Randolph. RAS goes to Rutland Regional Medical Center; patient does not have choice to be transported to Gifford or DHMC. Medically necessary (non-emergency) transport can be arranged to Gifford by RAS as they can bring in another crew to handle. Mr. Finger emphasized the importance of mutual aid when concerns were raised about weather that might close the Sherburne Pass. Typically emergency vehicles can pass through. Cost per capita for RAS is approximately half compared to WRVA. Proposed town budget has WRVA’s fee. WRVA will be at February 21 meeting to review their services and answer questions. The Town Meeting Warning has an article to vote on ambulance provider.
- Stephens V. Pittsfield – attorney will file appeal to dismiss the case.
- Garofalo Response Letter – table to next meeting when Dave is present and can address items in Mr. Garofalo’s letter.
- Discontinuance of TH#15 Plan of Action – table to first meeting in April to address steps needed.
- Department of Public Safety Grant Amendment – Sub-grant extension for the demolition of structure at 2335 VT Route 100. Matt motioned to approve amendment; Mona seconded; motion carried and extension signed.
- Village Green Paving Estimate – Estimates received from Wilk Paving for budgeting purposes. To reclaim and repave the cost is approximately $30,000; to just re-surface the cost is approximately $17,000. Flooding at Village Green is from water running off Upper Michigan Road and Route 100. Matt will contact VTrans to find out if this issue will be addressed when Route 100 is re-paved.
- VTrans Bridge Project – Matt spoke with Eric Fur from VTrans and he will attend next meeting at 6 pm to review maps for relocating utilities due to Bridge 126 replacement. New poles would be on Tweed River Open Space.
- Monthly Financials for January – no action.
Next Meeting Date: February 21, 2017; March meetings scheduled for the 14th and 28th due to town meeting on the 7th.
Adjournment: Matt motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:50 p.m.; Mona seconded; meeting adjourned.
Approved: March 21, 2017 Recorded by: Tyna Gallagher