DATE: August 20, 2019
PRESENT: Charles Piso, Matt Corron, Ann Kuendig, Trish Fryer, George Debon
Agenda Modifications: Correspondence #4 – Sarah Gray Response to Act 250 re: Colton Enterprises; Old Business #7 – Unusual Circumstances; and #8 – Historical Society Update; New Business #5 – Clerk/Treasurer Report
Minutes Approval: Regular Meeting Minutes August 6, 2019
1. Hearing response Colton Enterprises
2. Request for Response Colton Enterprises
3. Request for Extension Colton Enterprises
4. Sarah Gray Response to Act 250 re: Colton Enterprises
1. Shoemaker RE: Culvert
2. Town Hall Parameters
3. Upper Michigan Road
4. Appointments- TRORC & 911
5. Town Hall Update Insurance Claim & Update
6. Playground split rail fence
7. Unusual Circumstances
8. Historical Society Update
1. VLCT Board of Director Meeting Delegate (traditionally the Select Board Chair)
2. VLCT Property Survey & Town Hall Committee
3. Complaint Procedure
4. Snow Shoveling Town Hall/Office
5. Clerk/Treasurer Report
Meeting Opened, Minutes Approval & Agenda Modifications
Charlie motioned to open the meeting at 6:05 p.m., Matt seconded, meeting opened. All in favor of the agenda modifications: Correspondence #4 – Sarah Gray Response to Act 250 re: Colton Enterprises; Old Business #7 – Unusual Circumstances; and #8 – Historical Society Update; New Business #5 – Clerk/Treasurer Report. Charlie motioned to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting held August 6, 2019; Ann seconded; minutes approved.
1. Hearing response Colton Enterprises – Application #3W0405-6: Submittal of attachment that was omitted inadvertently in Hearing Response Order of 8/5/19.
2. Request for Response Colton Enterprises – Request for extension; rebuttal dead line 8/19/19.
3. Request for Extension Colton Enterprises – Commission extended deadline for additional information and rebuttals to 8/19/19.
4. Sarah Gray Response to Act 250 re: Colton Enterprises – Sarah and Gordon Gray submitted response to District 3 Environmental Board for consideration. All documents on file.
1. Shoemaker RE: Culvert – Did not attend meeting.
2. Town Hall Parameters – Discussion about feedback some of the board members are getting verbally from the public regarding the survey.
3. Upper Michigan Road – Kricket of TR Fellows will have a draft plan by mid-September for the town, then a bid package can go out. This is the project to lower the level of Upper Michigan Road on the end closest to Route 100. The town catch basins are working properly.
4. Appointments- TRORC & 911: Appointees are still needed for these positions. Trish will post on FaceBook and the website. Ann will attend the September TRORC meeting if necessary. An appointee for Zoning Administrator is needed as well. The Planning Commission needs to recommend candidates for this position.
5. Town Hall Update Insurance Claim & Update – The committee does not have any specific occurrence to appeal the insurance company’s decision. Ann motioned to authorize Carl Oertel to weatherize the building where the chimney was located; Charlie seconded; motion carried.
6. Playground split rail fence – The vinyl fencing will cost just over $600; another swing will be added along with more sand. George will look for a sand supplier. A work date of September 14th at 9:00 a.m. has been set. Parking lot lines will be re-done at this time too. Split rail for lower cemetery access will not work. Connie is looking into other options. Charlie will contact VLCT about cemetery plots in the lower area by the river.
7. Unusual Circumstances – Hours for Trish and George need to be tracked very closely. Per FEMA the event is open until December 14, 2021 or until the last check is cut for the road work. Charlie motioned to use FEMA’s deadline for unusual circumstances; Matt seconded; all in favor; motion carried.
8. Historical Society Update – Carl dropped off a note to Charlie before the meeting this evening outlining what the Society is working on: painting the vault, assembling shelves, ordering more shelves, and they plan to move the file cabinet and metal artifacts into the vault. The Board would like to re-send letter requesting operational plan and invite members to attend next meeting to discuss moving date and plans.
1. VLCT Board of Director Meeting Delegate (traditionally the Select Board Chair) – Charlie will be the delegate.
2. VLCT Property Survey & Town Hall Committee – PACIF is dropping valuation of Town Hall. Ann will review document.
3. Complaint Procedure – tabled.
4. Snow Shoveling Town Hall/Office – Trish will post the position on the website, FaceBook and post on local bulletin boards.
5. Clerk/Treasurer Report – Financials through July reviewed. Trish will follow-up with Marylou Scofield regarding the status of reviewing the Abrams buyout documents.
Next Meeting Dates: September 3, 2019 Regular Meeting
Adjournment: Charlie motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:37 p.m.; Ann seconded; meeting adjourned.
Approved Date: September 3, 2019 Recorded by: s/Tyna Gallagher