DATE: January 22, 2019
PRESENT: Charles Piso, Matt Corron, Ann Kuendig, Trish Fryer, Susie Martin, Carl Oertel,
Agenda Modifications: Old Business 3 & 4; and New Business 2, 3 & 4
Minutes Approval: Regular Meeting Minutes January 8, 2019; Special Meeting January 16, 2019
Public Present: Susie Martin, Carl Oertel, George Deblon
1. Trustees of Public Funds Reports
2. Dept. of Motor Vehicles-Automated Vehicle Inspection Program
3. VLCT-Weekly Legislative Report
4. PACIF Grants
2.Sand Shed Project Management Services Contract
3.Upper Michigan Road
4.Fire Truck Financing
1. Historical Society
2. Appointment of Library Trustee – Amanda Barrett
3. Town Clerk/Treasurer Report
c. Town Report
4. Board letter for Town Report
Next Meeting Dates: February 5, 2019
Meeting Opened, Minutes Approval & Agenda Modifications
Charlie motioned to open the meeting at 6:04 p.m., Ann seconded, meeting opened. All in favor of the agenda modifications: Old Business #3 – Upper Michigan Road; #4 – Fire Truck Financing; New Business #2 – Appointment of Library Trustee – Amanda Barrett; New Business #3 – Town Clerk/Treasurer report including financials, budget and town report; and New Business #4 – Board letter for Town Report. Charlie motioned to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting held January 8, 2019; Matt seconded; minutes approved. Charlie motioned to approve the minutes of the Special Meeting held January 16, 2019; Matt seconded; minutes approved.
1.Trustees of Public Funds Reports – Informational for the board; reports submitted for the Town Report.
2.Dept. of Motor Vehicles-Automated Vehicle Inspection Program – Informational notice on emissions inspections and safety inspections. Vehicles must pass these inspections in order to get a valid inspection sticker. No action needed.
3.VLCT-Weekly Legislative Report - Received, no action needed.
4.PACIF Grants – Information on available grants. Trish will distribute to various town departments to review including PVF&R, George, Select Board and Herb Kuendig.
1.Highway Mileage – George reviewed the annual mileage certificate and returned to the board for signatures. The board signed the certificate to be submitted to the state.
2.Sand Shed Project Management Services Contract – Two Rivers Ottauquechee Regional Commission (TRORC) has provided a Scope of Work for Municipal Project Manager after the meeting on January 11 to discuss the Sand Shed project. The fee will be between $21,771 – 26, 076 depending required tasks. Scott Gurley from VTrans was present at the meeting and anticipates the earliest bid to go out next winter for construction in summer 2020. George will follow up with Rita Seto of TRORC for clarification on the timeline chart. Charlie motioned to use TRORC as the project manager for the sand shed project; Matt seconded; motion carried.
3.Upper Michigan Road – Kristin “Kricket” McCusker from T.R.Fellows Engineering will provide recommendations for mitigating the road issues in the spring.
4.Fire Truck Financing – Mascoma presented several options on repayment of the loan. Charlie motion to begin repayments in October and there will be 5 annual payments based on the adjusted amount; Matt seconded; motion carried. Trish will contact Mascoma to generate updated paperwork for the loan.
1. Historical Society – The board reviewed the Town Hall situation with Susie and Carl. The historical society will hold a meeting to discuss packing up materials to be moved to old vault in the Town Office. There are several heavy items and they will likely hire a moving company for assistance. The board would like the Society to set up displays in the lower level meeting room.
2. Appointment of Library Trustee – Amanda Barrett: Charlie motioned to appoint Amanda Barrett as Library Trustee to finish out Martha Beyersdorf term that expires March 2021; Ann seconded; motion carried.
3. Town Clerk/Treasurer Report
a. Financials – all in order. The board approved updating QuickBooks software.
b. Budget – Finished plugging in missing figures including insurance for the new fire truck. Trish will check into “gap” insurance for the new fire truck. Reviewed the Anticipated Tax Rate chart with warned items. Still missing the School Fund figure and Trish will send the board an updated chart as soon as she receives the number.
c. Town Report
4. Board letter for Town Report – Finalized the board’s letter for the town report. A letter will be mailed to voters with the Town Meeting location and information about the Town Hall situation. Secretary will draft a letter for the board.
Next Meeting Dates: February 5, 2019 Regular Meeting
Adjournment: Charlie motioned to adjourn the meeting at 8:23 p.m.; Matt seconded; meeting adjourned.
Approved Date: February 5, 2019 Recorded by: Tyna Gallagher