Minutes of September 1, 2020
MEMBERS PRESENT: Sarah Gallagher, Marsha Hopkins and Micheline Bissell
1. Sarah called the meeting to order at 6:45 pm. The meeting was conducted via
conference call due to COVID 19.
2. Agenda Modifications:
3. The minutes from the July 14, 2020 meeting were read. Marsha made a motion to
accept, seconded by Sarah, all in favor.
4. Public Present:
Tory Littlefield, TRORC
5. Review and Approve Municipal Planning Grant
Tory explained that we had to tell a story to justify the need for the Grant. She
disussed what was included in the draft. She asked the Commission if they had
anything else to add.
• Marsha wanted her to emphasize the need for a bullet proof town plan since
Pittsfield did not have zoning. In addition, she wanted emphasized the new
commission member’s status and that only a few had ever participated in a
• Sarah wanted something added regarding the Green Mountain Trails and
recreation in Pittsfield as well adding the need for affordable housing in the
• Tory agreed to add those items.
• The Commission discussed the budget and felt it would be sufficient not
wanting to ask for too much and risking rejection.
• The commission discussed approving the draft application and then working
on revisions over email to shore it up.
• Sarah made a motion to Approve the draft Municipal Planning Grant
application, seconded by Marsha, all in favor.
• Sarah asked about the time line for approval and Tory said it would be
somewhere in the October-November time frame.
6. Next Meeting:
October 13, 2020 at 6:30pm.
Meeting adjourned at 7:15pm