Minutes of April 14, 2020
MEMBERS PRESENT: Sarah Gallagher, Marsha Hopkins, Jennifer Howard and Charlie Piso.
1. Sarah called the meeting to order at 6:35 pm. The meeting was conducted via conference call due to COVID 19.
2. Agenda Modifications: None
3. The minutes from the January 14, 2020 meeting were read. Charlie made a motion to accept, seconded by Sarah, all in favor.
4. Public Present: None
5. Correspondence: None
6. Open Issues:
• Generator grant possibilities – Sarah asked if Peter or Tory had let Charlie know when the grant application process was going to begin. Charlie said it might be June or July but he would check.
• Route 100 Crosswalk – Sarah asked what the status was. Charlie said AOT was busy delivering PPE Equipment and other projects were on hold right now. Charlie said they were working on the design plan for the repaving project. Sarah asked for Eric’s information; she was interested in constructing better signage along Route 100 alerting traffic to the Fire Department, school buses etc. Sarah asked if VTRANS was still planning to conduct the traffic study. All members thought it was a good idea to contact them to see what the timeline was since traffic patterns have been altered due to the pandemic. Charlie said Winterset was due to start resetting trees. Marsha said most construction is on hold now, even with VTRANS.
• Speed Sign – After discussion, the commission was in agreement to table the parking of a speed trailer this spring due to the change in traffic pattern and would discuss again at next meeting if the“stay at home” orders were lifted.
• Town Plan – Sarah asked commission if they wanted to start working on the Town Plan revisions to get a head start. Charlie thought it was a good idea, Marsha thought we should not do it without Two Rivers. Marsha said the grant application could be out soon and their help was invaluable. Jen agreed. Commission decided to wait until next meeting to see if grant was available.
7. New Business:
• New member- Sarah informed commission that Colleen was no longer participating in the commission and that we needed another member. Charlie suggested someone who had experience with RASTA and the bike trail network planned for this area. Sarah asked everyone to think about a possible suggestion and she would post the opening on the website and at the Town Office.
• River Corridor Permitting Process- Charlie said that since Pittsfield was part of the River Corridor Protection Plan, it has saved us money with disaster recovery through FEMA. NRCS sent map over and the setbacks Pittsfield indicated are larger than what is required. It will be up to the Planning Commission and Select Board to come up with permit process. Charlie said he would try to get some language from John Campbell that would be helpful in this process.
8. Next Meeting: July 14, 2020 at 6:30pm.
9. Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 7:10pm
The MINUTES of April 14, 2020 were duly APPROVED
On July 14, 2020. s/Sarah Gallagher