Minutes of April 9, 2019
MEMBERS PRESENT: Marsha Hopkins, Jennifer Howard, Sarah Gallagher and Colleen Wilcox. Town guest, Suana Rubin.
1. The meeting was called to order by Jen at 6:30pm at the Town Office.
2. The minutes from the August 15th meeting were read. Sarah made a motion to accept, seconded by Colleen, all in favor.
3. Agenda Modifications: None
4. Annual Reorganization and Transition
• Marsha made a motion to elect Sarah as Chair, seconded by Jen, all in favor
• Sarah made a motion to elect Marsha as secretary, seconded by Jen, all in favor.
• Suana turned over notes and Planning Commission documents. Topics discussed were status of Matrix, next Town Plan and possible new Flood Zone regulations.
• Sarah told Suana to turn in her key to the town so they had a record of it.
• Discussion of town meeting outcomes, Sarah suggested that the new librarian might be able to help us when we needed to research historical town items.
• The Commission thanked Suana for her service.
5. Speed Monitoring Follow On
• Sarah informed everyone that she had gotten an extension on the state permit allowing the town to park the speed monitoring trailer along the highway. The town clerk had the paperwork and the new expiration date was June 30, 2019.
• The Commission discussed the upcoming roadwork on Route 100. Since all traffic would be slowed for many months, it was decided that if the Sheriff could not park his trailer during the weeks of May 13 or May 20, then we would delay this process until next year when regular traffic resumed on Route 100.
• Marsha said she would email the sheriff and let the commission know if he was amenable to those dates. Marsha also said she would get a new permission letter from Elaine Sackreider; the original had an expiration date.
6. Comments and Possible New Business
The next meeting was scheduled for July 9th at 6:30. Meeting adjourned at 7:20pm.
The MINUTES of April 9, 2019 were duly APPROVED on May 28, 2019.
Signed: Sarah Gallagher