7 p.m. Town Office
Minutes of July 11, 2017
MEMBERS PRESENT: Marsha Hopkins, Jennifer Howard and Sarah Gallagher.
1. The meeting was called to order by Jennifer at 7:00pm at the Town Office.
2. Agenda Modifications: Mail
- Jennifer read letter from Two Rivers announcing Municipal Planning Grant opportunities relating to increasing economic vitality of the community. Jennifer said she would investigate the opportunities on lineand report back to everyone. The applications would be due shortly after the October meeting so all present decided if the grants were suitable for Pittsfield, the commission would meet prior to the planned October meeting to get the application completed and submitted on time.
- Jennifer reviewed the Act 250 permit application and hearing notice for the Riverside Farm. The commission looked the application up on line for more detailed information. The commission agreed to request George Deblon, Road Commissioner, attend the Act 250 hearing since there could be a substantial impact on road maintenance resulting from the additional vehicular round trips being requested on the application. Marsha would attend the next Select Board meeting and make the request directly to the Board. Jennifer made a motion, seconded by Marsha to have either Suana or Sarah represent the Planning Commission at the Act 250 hearing. All were in favor.
4. Discussion: Energy table at Town Picnic August 27
Marsha could not get Neighborhood Works heat squad to attend, however she did get them to agree to provide pamphlets and provide some orientation for Marsha so she could set up a table and answer questions. Marsha felt that just one table
without professional help would not draw much attention. She said she would also like to see some hands on things for the attendees. Sarah and Jennifer said they would contact some solar companies to see if they would attend the event. Marsha said she would contact GMP at Sarah’s suggestion since they have been advertising those TESLA batteries. Marsha would also see if CV Oil would like to display something. If no outside vendors attend, the Commission concluded that the outreach would need to be postponed.
5. Comments – None
Next meeting dates set for October 10 at 6:30pm. Meeting adjourned at 8:09pm, moved and seconded, all in favor.
The MINUTES of July 11, 2017 were duly APPROVED
on August 16, 2017
Signed: Suana Rubin