Minutes of the January 9, 2018, Meeting
Present: Suana Rubin, Marsha Hopkins, Colleen Wilcox, Sarah Gallagher
1. The meeting was called to order by Suana at 6:34 p.m. in the Town Office building.
2. The minutes from the October 10, 2017, meeting were read. Sarah moved to accept, seconded by Suana, all in favor.
3. New member for Planning Commission. Colleen Wilcox joined us for the meeting and agreed to an appointment to take Sarah Gray’s place. Suana moved to accept Colleen on the Commission, Sarah seconded, all in favor. Sarah will ask the Select Board to do the official letter of appointment. Welcome, Colleen!
4. Marsha spoke briefly about the process for speed limit changes on Route 100. Briefly, a request is made to VTrans, with Route #, location, mile markers, any locating signs or buildings, with an explanation as to why the change is being requested. As this is properly a Select Board request, Marsha asked if the Commission should take it to the next Select Board meeting to gain their support. The Commission would do the legwork provided the Select Board approves the request. Sarah will ask for time for the Commission on the January 16, 2018, Select Board meeting agenda.
5. Sarah provided print-outs of information from the Orton Foundation’s Community Heart & Soul program. She had asked if a representative would be willing to attend a meeting and had received this information in response. The Commission asks that all members please read the information so that we can decide if this is something we want to pursue.
6. Grid discussion. Suana felt that we were doing well with the grid. Sarah suggested that the Commission remind the Select Board of their part(s) after Town Meeting in March.
7. Reminder that the Act 250 Permit Application for Riverside Horse Farm, LLC, hearing will be reconvened on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, at 9:00 a.m. in the Town Office building. This has to do with increased traffic and parking, addressing Criteria 5, Traffic Safety; Criteria 8, Congestion; and Criteria 9K, Impact on Public Investments; and others, if necessary.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 7:29 p.m.
Next meeting is Tuesday, April 10, 2018, at 6:30 p.m. in the Town Office building.
Sarah Gallagher, clerk pro-tem
The minutes of January 9, 2018, were duly APPROVED on April 10, 2018.
Signed: Suana Rubin