Monday, October 10, 2022 Draft
Minutes Approval: August 11, 2022
1. Review and update lighting plan
2. Finalize additional projects for shelter
- Next Steps
Next Meeting Date: TBD
Herb called the meeting to order at 5:02pm. Jeremy seconded. All in Favor.
Herb Kuendig, Mike Moran, Ray Colton, Richard Gaston, Jeremy Rayner in attendance. Glenn Reinauer and Henry Haefner unable to attend.
Minutes Approval: August 11 , 2022- Ray moved that the meeting minutes be accepted. Mike seconded. All in favor.
- Review and update lighting plan: Members inspected basement work and discussed placement of hanging fixtures from the ceiling. It was suggested that conduit would be placed on cross beams and above steel beams and fixture boxes be placed on floor boards. Current lighting plan calls for 16 hanging fixtures. Members discussed whether that would be adequate to light all spaces. It was agreed that Herb will meet with Craig Petersen to review number and placement of fixtures. Craig is scheduled to begin electrical installation the week of October 17.
- Finalize additional projects for shelter: Members discussed proposal from Mike who met with Charlie at CV Oil to install black circular ducts in place of the old ductwork that was removed. Suggested layout will be the same with two shafts extended to vents for upstairs and four drops each with manual dampers to heat basement. Mike will continue meeting with Charlie and FW Webb to finalize a written proposal and cost estimates to be presented to Select Board for payment from undesignated surplus funds. Other projects include: insulating basement walls with rock wool as regular insulation may attract mice and foam boards are expensive. Jeremey will get estimates. Ray will contact Cal Poulin to see if he can recommend insulation installers. Members discussed scheduling drywall installation beginning November 7 through 18. Ann will contact Cal for scheduling drywall. Members discussed kitchen layout and agreed that counters will be placed to the left and right of refrigerator, the donated gas stove moved closer to the area which will be vented and the donated dishwasher near the sink. Members agreed to put in a double sink with a cabinet so that current water drain pump can be utilized instead of replacing it. Herb will do proposed layout and give it to home Depot and LaValle’s for pricing. Members agreed countertops will be laminate and that a free standing serving island will consist of two 6 foot sections on rollers. members will contact CV oil for gas manifold and hookup for stoves and water heater; plumber for sink and dishwasher hookup and price lighting fixtures with VT Efficiency rebates.
- Next Steps: Mike proposed putting together a bid for a carpenter to be posted on the Swiss Farm bulletin Board and on Pittsfield Community Social media page. Ann will draft bid notice and circulate to members for approval and posting.
Next Meeting Date: Monday, October 24, 2022 at 5pm
There being no further business of the committee, Jeremy moved to adjourn the meeting at 6:26pm. Richard seconded. All in favor.