Monday, March 15, 2021
Minutes Approval: March 1, 2021
- Punch List
- Committee Charge
- Electrical Contractor
- Basement Design
- Div of Fire Safety Inspection
- Next Steps
Next Meeting Date: March 29, 2021 (held but no quorum)
Herb called the meeting to order at 5:02pm with Glenn Reinauer, Ray Colton, Mike Moran, Jeremy Rayner and Tim Carter in attendance. Joyce Stevens attended as a member of the public.
Minutes Approval:March 1, 2021-Glenn moved that the meeting minutes be accepted. Mike seconded. All in favor.
- Punch List-Herb updated the committee on progress on the punch list of tasks to restore the basement. Mike, Glenn and Tim volunteered to continue the work of removing sheet rock and spray foam. The Committee discussed getting another 20 yard dumpster to clean out the debris. Ann will price services and order delivery depending on the progress of the demo work. Water migration has been noted in three spots in the basement along the south wall near the back entrance and the lift and along the west wall in the alcove.
- Committee Charge-Herb asked if members of the committee would be willing to serve on the Pittsfield Building Advisory Committee which the Select Board would like to set up as an appointed board with one year terms and quarterly meetings. Herb, Glenn, Jeremy, Tim and Mike volunteered. Ann will report back to the Select board.
- Electrical contractor- Herb met with Craig Petersen to inspect the electrical and get an idea of work to be completed. The committee agreed to see if they could work with Craig on the electrical system demo. Herb will call Craig to schedule another meeting.
- Basement design- final kitchen layout is being completed. Waiting on advice from another catering firm.
- Div of Fire Safety Inspection-Herb met with fire Inspector Patrick Banks who partially approved the permit finding no issues with the installation of the steel flooring system. Banks also approved the use of 5/8 sheetrock in the furnace room to comply with fire codes. Banks is also requiring a final signoff by the structural engineer. Herb will arrange an inspection with Marble Engineering. Once the electrical contractor is hired, the committee will need to update the permit information.
- Next Steps-the Committee agreed on a priority list of tasks to complete:
- Demolition of walls
- Hire electrical contractor
- Repair south block wall
- Fire code sheetrock of furnace room
There being no further business of the committee, Jeremy moved to adjourn the meeting at 5:57pm. Tim seconded. All in favor.
Approved: April 12, 2021
By: s/Herb Kuendig