Monday, February 13, 2023.
Minutes Approval: Emergency Meeting-December 6, 2022
- Project & Budget update
- Review kitchen cabinet/countertop proposals
- Wall Paint color
- Light fixtures
- Wastewater Pump
- Review exterior project bid
- Next Steps
Jeremy moved to call the meeting to order at 5:03pm. Mike seconded. All in favor. Herb Kuendig, Mike Moran, Jeremy Rayner and Richard Gaston in attendance. Ray Colton and Glenn Reinauer were unable to attend.
Minutes Approval: Jeremy moved to approve the minutes from the December 6, 2022 Emergency Meeting. Richard seconded. All in favor.
- Project & Budget Update: Herb brought the committee up-to-date on the progress of the project. New drywall in the basement has been primed and waiting for final paint. Basement Windows and new fire door for emergency exit to the back of the building by the basketball court have been delivered to LaValley. Herb will pick up invoice check once it is issued, submit to LaValley and arrange delivery. Ann is reviewing all invoices to date and source of funds to calculate current balance of Town Hall Reserve. Begin Charitable Fund stands at $10,613.16.
- Review kitchen cabinet/countertop proposal: Herb outlined three proposals from Home Depot, LaValley and Kitchen Encounters. All feature 21 cabinets of uppers and bases and toe kicks along north and south interior walls of basement, order to take two to four weeks of delivery. Prices do not include installation that can run from $3,000 to $5,000.
- Home Depot is a stock Hampton Bay cabinet in natural hickory with particle board base that can be delivered for additional charges. $5,352.16. Countertop is a laminate double round edge that includes template, delivery and basic installation. $1,534.50. Total
- LaValley is an 802 Cabinet painted cabinet in light gray with plywood base and soft close drawers. Price includes delivery to street pavement but for an additional $100 can be carried into basement. $5,025.00. Countertop is a laminate stock rolled edge that includes template and sink cutout. $1,295.00.
- Kitchen encounters is Mantra Omni painted cabinet in either light or dark grey with plywood base and soft close drawers. Delivery is included. &9,840.00. Countertop is a stock laminate with a double round edge that includes, template, delivery and installation.$1,935.00.
- Wall Paint Color: After reviewing the Behr Whites collection, members could not reach consensus on favored color. Members decided to let Ann choose the wall color paint.
- Light Fixtures: Ann presented four additional choices for fixtures in addition to the six choices previously circulated to the committee. Members agreed on one fixture, but wanted to get other committee members opinions on the four choices. Jeremy moved to approve the purchase of the 3 pack industrial pendant hanging fixture in black at a cost of #38.99 pending approval from either Ray or Glenn. Herb seconded. All in favor. Ann will send the options to both for comment. Members also discussed a question from the electrician on who would purchase the outlets, switches, dimmers and wall plates to complete installation. Herb moved that the committee would request a list of needed materials from the electrician and the town would purchase them. Jeremy seconded
- Wastewater Pump: Mike said he was told the wastewater pump in the utility room leaked and had to be constantly cleaned out from sink debris. He priced a new pump (55gal per minute) at FW Webb for $700. Members debated bringing in plumber to fix old pump or buy new. Herb moved to purchase new. Jeremy seconded. All in favor. Mike will contact Fuster. Herb to contact Harvey’s and Paquette for pricing and installation and also plumb new sink.
- Exterior Bid: The committee received one bid so far on the two exterior projects posted to remove exterior siding and trim in front/west side of building and replace with a cement board and plastic wood, build new steps according to architectural drawing, install water table around front and side and replace any damaged siding or trim on south side with wood and prepare and paint south side. Eric with Vision Builders is also preparing a bid to submit to the committee.
- Next Steps: Members discussed the need to get contractor bids to install the windows and new fire door in the basement, trim out basement walls and doors. Mike will talk with Mike Mahoney. Jeremy will check on progress on new custom front door.
Next Meeting Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
There being no further business of the committee, Jeremy moved to adjourn the meeting at 6:03 pm. Herb seconded. All in favor.
Approved: February 28, 2023