Monday, August 23, 2021
Minutes Approval: August 2, 2021
- Paving Project update
- Interior Work for reopening Update
- Front Steps material bids
- Next Steps
- Fundraising appeal letter and Fund
Next Meeting Date: TBD
Herb called the meeting to order at 5:08pm. Carl seconded. Mike Moran, Carl Oertel, Ray Colton, Tim Carter, Glenn Reinauer and Jeremy Rayner in attendance.
Minutes Approval: August 2, 2021- Ray moved that the meeting minutes be accepted. Carl seconded. All in favor.
- Paving Project issue: the committee reviewed the condition of the hardpack covering the drainage ditch and decided not to delay final paving until next spring. Ray moved to have Charlie Bowen complete the paving before September 15. Tim seconded. All in favor. Carl and Mike offered to see about borrowing Dave Colton’s tamper and pack down the hardpack before paving. Herb will call Charlie Bowen to schedule paving before September 15.
- Interior Work: committee members discussed the need to close a gap between the wall and the new sheetrock that was installed by the liftdoors. Suggestions were to either fill with sheetrock or spray foam insulation. Carl said he would rectify the issue.
- Front Steps material bids: Herb reviewed with the committee bids he got from Home Depot, La Valley and Goodro Lumber for materials to build the new front stairs. The bids were several thousands of dollars cheaper than Bethel Mills. Tim moved to buy the steps material from LaValleys as they also deliver. Glenn seconded. Ray, Jeremy, Herb, Mike in Favor, Carl opposed. Motion approved. The committee also discussed delaying building the new steps until spring and to roll back the old steps as a temporary measure. Glenn so moved. Jeremy seconded. All in favor.
- Next Steps- the committee discussed immediate electrical needs in the basement and Herb will see about the electrician Craig Petersen’s availability.
- Fundraising Appeal Letter and fund: Ann drafted the appeal letter following the Select Boards approval to set up a charitable fund for the restoration of Town Hall. Letters will be sent to all property owners. Glenn suggested that the letter make clear donations were tax deductible. Tim moved to approve the letter with the edit. Carl seconded. All in favor.