Thursday, August 11, 2022
To listen to a recording of the meeting please click this link: https://bit.ly/3c71XK7 (partial recording)
Minutes Approval: May 23, 2022
- Approve bids for emergency shelter
- Execute contracts
- Schedule Demo Party
- Next Steps
Next Meeting Date: TBD
Herb called the meeting to order at 5:03pm. Ray seconded. All in Favor.
Herb Kuendig, Ray Colton, Richard Gaston, Jeremy Rayner in attendance. Mike Moran thru TEAMS
Minutes Approval: May 23 , 2022- Ray moved that the meeting minutes be accepted. Mike seconded. All in favor.
- Approve Bids for Shelter: Members compared bids from Harvey’s and Paquette Plumbing for installation of on demand water heater and heat pumps. Water Heater- Harvey’s-$4350; Paquette-$4,482. Heat Pumps-Harvey’s-$13,835; Paquette-$18,767.40. Members felt the heat pump units should be 18K, not the 12K called for in the Paquette bid. Members also agreed that it would be better to have one contractor for both projects. Ray moved to award the bid for heat bumps to Paquette provided the increase to upgrade the units to 18,000k does not exceed 20%. Jeremy seconded. All in favor. Jeremy moved to accept the Paquette bid for installing the water heater. Herb seconded. All in favor.
- Execute contracts:
- Ray will call Cal Poulin at VT Blasting to see if the town can get on his schedule soon.
- Herb will call Paquette for installation of water heater and heat pumps.
- Mike will call Brookfield Generator to reconfirm May estimate for installing a generator at Town Hall to power both the Hall and Town Office and coordinate installation.
- Herb will call Steve at CV Oil to schedule propane hook-up for generator.
- Herb will call Charlie at CV Oil for installation of new oil tank.
- Schedule Demo: Richard, Jeremy, Herb agreed to help Craig Petersen demo the electric wires in the basement. Herb will see what day is convenient for Craig at VT Electric and coordinate with members.
- Next Steps: Herb told members that it would cost more than $8,000 for a new custom front door to Town Hall. Members agreed to try to reuse the old door by stripping it of paint, repairing cracks and holes and re-painting. Members will also continue to get bids from contractors for re-siding the front and building new front steps.
Next Meeting Date: TBD
There being no further business of the committee, Ray moved to adjourn the meeting at 6:01pm. Jeremy seconded. All in favor.
Approved: October 10,2022