Monday, April 26, 2021
Minutes Approval: April 12, 2021
- Electrical bid award
- Water mitigation & foundation project
- VT Cultural Facilities grant requirements
- Phase two project scope of work
Next Meeting Date: May 10, 2021
Herb called the meeting to order at 5:00pm. Tim seconded. Ray Colton, Mike Moran, Carl Oertel, Jeremy Rayner, Glenn Reinauer and Tim Carter in attendance. Public present: Joyce Stevens
Minutes Approval:April 12, 2021- Tim moved that the meeting minutes be accepted. Mike seconded. All in favor.
- Electrical bids-Committee discussed two bids received for electrical project. Rob Stubbins submitted a bid of $7,500 to install electrical wiring for receptacles, lighting and switching per drawing; install owner furnished task lighting and general lighting, demo and relocate existing wiring as needed and state electrical permitting and inspection. Vt Electrical Services submitted a bid of $4,913 to remove all wiring, remove or relocate fire alarm devices, refeed circuits on first floor, provide temporary lights and power for future construction which includes permits and materials. Carl moved to award bid to VT Electrical Services. Jeremy seconded. All in favor. Herb will contact Craig Peterson to get an availability schedule and send him town insurance paperwork to be completed.
- Water mitigation & foundation project-committee discussed scope of project- Removal of front steps by committee members; cutting stair cement pad and asphalt along south wall; digging trench along west and south walls out to backyard (to daylight) Dave Colton Excavating; Removal of fill and trucking of stone-George Deblon; waterproofing membrane application on exposed foundation walls-Nicom; laying drainage pipes and grade A stone in trench-Dave and committee members; re-asphalting south parking lot area. Glenn suggested that all grass be removed from front and asphalted over. Committee agreed. Joyce offered to get an estimate from Charlie Bowen for the cutting and asphalt work. Committee also agreed to contact Dave Mackensie to get an estimate on repairing hole in foundation and other areas that might need repair. Mike moved to have committee finalize scope of project and set up construction schedule. Tim seconded. All in favor.
- VT Cultural Facilities grant requirements-Ann has submitted a grant application to AARP Community Challenge Grants for $20,000 ( no matching funds) to support costs of electrical and water mitigation projects. Notification of awards out in June which could impact schedules of both projects. Grant project work has to be completed by November 10. 2021. Ann is also working on an application for a Cultural Facilities grant from the VT Arts Council to be submitted June 7, 2021 for $30,000 (one to one matching funds required). Since Town Meeting allocated funds for Phase Two of the Town Hall Renovation, Ann will submit the Phase Two project (re-siding and insulation of the exterior walls) for the grant. Notification in August, work cannot begin until after September 1 and be completed by August 31, 2022.
- Phase Two Scope of Work- committee discussed scope of work for phase two since bid estimates will have to be submitted with the grant application. Jeremy moved that the committee begin getting bids for the work. Herb seconded, all in favor.
There being no further business of the committee, Herb moved to adjourn the meeting at 5:53pm. Mike seconded. All in favor.
Approved: May 10, 2021
By: s/Herb Kuendig