Pittsfield Town Hall Building Committee Meeting Minutes
April 18, 2022
To listen to a recording of the meeting please click this link: https://bit.ly/3Oy8ewR
Minutes Approval: April 4, 2022
- Generator Estimates Update
- Duct work Estimate
- Framing Estimates
- Other Estimates
- Next Steps-Phase Two Scope of Work
Next Meeting Date: TBD
Mike moved to call the meeting to order at 5:04pm. Henry seconded. All in Favor.
Herb Kuendig, Mike Moran, Ray Colton, Jeremy Rayner, Henry Haefner in attendance.
Minutes Approval: April 4, 2022- Mike moved that the meeting minutes be accepted. Jeremy seconded. All in favor.
- Generator Estimates-Herb presented CV Oil estimate of $6,892 for propane tank & fittings and hook-up labor to Town Hall Generator and an alternative that Steve Martin proposed. Instead of buying two generators-one for Town Hall and one for Town Offices (each with their own propane tank,) Steve said just one generator (20 to 22kw) at Town Hall could be run off the 1,000 ug tank that is buried outside Town Offices. A trench would have to be dug 18 inches underground from the generator to that tank and electrical connection from the TO panel would also have to be made. Mike will call Brook Field to get an updated estimate for this new alternative and Ann will reach out to Mike Juris for the same.
- Duct Work Estimate-Herb met with Charlie from CV Oil to discuss replacing/reconfiguring duct work. CV Oil does not do spiral duct work, but Charlie said they could shorten the length of the small branches and re-use the diffusers from the present ductwork. An online search of spiral duct prices show a range of $2.35 to $13.50 per foot for 3” to 24” wide ducts. Waiting on estimate from CV Oil for reconfiguring present ductwork.
- Framing Estimates-No contractor bids as yet, but Herb priced the cost of studs to reframe all the basement walls and build storage space walls 100 2X4X12 @$17.32 each. Jeremy said he would try to get estimates from contractors he knows.
- Other Estimates- Henry presented a lighting plan for the basement which the committee reviewed. It calls for 16 hanging fixtures which would produce 13.5 lumen/FC per sf with 60 watt bulbs; 18.5 lumen/FC per sf with 75 watt bulbs and 27 lumen/FC per sf with 100 watt bulbs: undercabinet lighting for the kitchen and 20 amp outlets on all walls with wall sconces for stairwell up to first floor. Ann agreed to look for rustic style hanging chain fixtures and find a lighting expert to see if this is enough light for the basement kitchen and dining areas. Henry will update the lighting plan (adding fire alarms & emergency lights in both stairwells) before next meeting then Ann will send to Juris and Peterson for estimates.
- Next Steps: Phase Two Scope of Work: Herb said members need to start thinking of lining up contractors to get estimates for residing the front bump-out of Town Hall with a composite product and replace trim with plastic wood to reduce future maintenance. Phase two also includes rebuilding the front steps and moving the power box from the front to the side of the building.
Next Meeting Date: Jeremy moved to hold next meeting May 2, 2022 Mike seconded. All in favor.
There being no further business of the committee, Jeremy moved to adjourn the meeting at 6:12pm. Ray seconded. All in favor.
Approved: May 23, 2022