Town Hall Citizens’ Advisory Committee
Meeting Minutes, November 25, 2019
5:00 p.m. Town Office Building Basement
Present: Ann Kuendig (interim chair), Ray Colton, Betty Warner, Dave Larkin, Glen Reinauer, Sarah Gallagher,
1. Call to order. Ann called the meeting to order at 5:05 p.m.
2. Approval of minutes. The minutes of the November 11, 2019, meeting were approved with the change that Jeremy Rayner was not in attendance at that meeting. (Betty/Dave)
3. Community Meeting/Survey Results. Those in attendance agreed that the November 21 Community Meeting confirmed the survey results and raised other concerns which the Select Board will have to address: How to manage the building (rental process/policy, how to encourage use of the building, cost/financing of final project). It was noted that many of the proposed ideas and suggestions for the use of the building were for events that have taken place in the building in the past.
4. Committee Report. The Committee agreed that Ann would prepare a report of the Committee’s work for submission to the Select Board at its December 17 meeting. A motion was made and seconded (Ray/Dave) to recommend that the Select Board proceed with Phase I (Repair to Re-open, as described in the Town Hall Options document) as soon as possible. There was concern that once this Phase is complete, further work may not be planned, phased in and accomplished as future Select Boards change, etc. In addition to the structural work necessary to make the building usable, some work needs to be done to make the spaces functional and appealing.
5. Next meeting: Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, December 9, at 5 p.m.
6. Adjournment. Motion to adjourn the meeting passed at 6:31 p.m. (Ann/Betty).
Approved by: s/Ann Kuendig Date: December 9, 2019