Town Hall Citizens’ Advisory Committee
Meeting Minutes, September 30, 2019
5:00 p.m. Town Office Building Basement
Present: Ann Kuendig (interim chair), Jeremy Rayner, Ray Colton, Dave Larkin, Carl Oertel, Sarah Gallagher, Keith Hopkins
1. Call to order. Ann called the meeting to order at 5:02 p.m.
2. Approval of minutes. The minutes of the September 11, 2019, meeting were approved by a motion from Ray, seconded by Dave.
3. 1st Floor Design. Herb Keundig and Carl Oertel met with Dan Pratt of RCWA regarding approval of drawings for engineer’s stamp. Dan responded with a contract which noted hourly rates of staff but did not provide an estimate of the time and work involved. Herb will follow up with Dan.
4. Community Engagement/Survey. Ann reported that she had 102 responses to date. Surveys and boxes are at the Clear River Tavern, the Library, and the Swiss Farm Market; Ann had a table at the bazaar as well. There was some discussion concerning when to close the survey to further responses. Motion to suspend the survey as of November 1, 2019, was made and passed (Ann/Sarah). Sarah will post a notice to that effect on the Pittsfield News FB page, and on the Town website. Ann will compile survey results for review at next meeting.
6. Next Steps for final report. Ann re-read the charge to the committee, “Will the voters of Pittsfield authorize the formation of an exploratory committee to research any and all future options for the Pittsfield Town Hall and have those options presented prior to the next Town Meeting?” Options include executing repairs to bring the building to its prior state, demolition, sale, and repair/renovate beyond basic repairs, as well as other options as suggested in the surveys. Motion was made to set November 14, 2019, 6 pm as the date and time for a public informational meeting to outline the committee’s work to date, and to hear further input from residents and property owners. (Ann/Jeremy). Ann will see if she can arrange for a facilitator, refreshments will be provided. Meeting to be in the lower level of the Town Office building.
5. Scope of work document. Ann will email the document to the committee.
Next meeting: Tuesday, October 14 at 5:00 p.m. in the basement of the Town Office building.
Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 6:09 p.m. upon motion from Ann, seconded by Jeremy.
Approved by: s/Ann Kuendig Date: October 14, 2019