Monday, December 19, 2016, at 7:00 p.m.
Pittsfield Town Office Building
I. Call to Order: Ray and A.J. present.
II. Amendments to the Agenda
III. Approve Minutes of Previous Meeting: November 7, 2016: Ray moves to approve and A.J. seconds, approved unanimously.
IV. Community Engagement/Public Comment: We discuss Jenn Iannantuoni’s email regarding Killington SB consideration of a side by side under Act 46. Her counter proposal was to have Pittsfield give up school choice to join KES and send secondary students to Woodstock. At this time the Pittsfield School Board will take no action on the email as we continue to discuss options under Act 46 for presentation at Town Meeting.
V. Action/Discussion Items
1. New Business:
• Payment Orders: #4 Killington 1/3 tuition 23 students $98,141, WCSU 1/3 tuition 21 secondary students $111,993; Board Stipends, Patty Haskins Treasurer $200, Ray, Kris and A.J. $350 each; Total: $211,384. Ray moves to approve and A.J. seconds, approved unanimously.
• FY18 Budget: Time spent reviewing tuition list and making adjustments to estimates. We think there will be 33 elementary and 29 secondary students, total of 62, including pre-K students. This is a decrease from last year’s estimate of 73 and from FY 15’s 80 students.
• Payment for School Board: Ray moves to approve payment and A.J. seconds and approved unanimously.
• WCSU Tuition Agreement: reviewed, they request Board Chair sign it so we table until next meeting. A.J. reviews and notes that because we are now in the WCSU and they do our SPED work, our prior concern about billing is moot and the agreement is ok to sign as is.
2. Old Business:
• Update on Act 46: We discuss the Killington proposal (see above) and updates on WCSU plan as well as potential legislative changes.
• Review and Approve Checkbook Reconciliation (Nov/Dec) Ray moves to approve after review and A.J. seconds, approved unanimously.
1. Review YTD Financials: Reviewed as directed.
VII. Agenda Setting for January Meeting: WCSU Tuition Agreement, Directors’ Report and Budget.
VIII. Adjournment: A.J. moves to adjourn at 7:45, Ray seconds, meeting adjourned.
Next Scheduled Meeting: January 10, 2017, at 7:00 P.M. at the Pittsfield Town Office Building