Wednesday, August 9, 2017, at 7:00 p.m.
Pittsfield Town Office Building
1. Call to Order: 7:10 p.m. Kris calls it to order with Ray, Kris and Richard Seaman present.
2. Amendments to the Agenda: Sharon Academy Bill must be tabled until next meeting as we don’t have the bill here.
3. Approve Minutes of Previous Meeting: June 21, 2017 Ray moves and Kris seconds approval of these minutes, approved unanimously.
4. Community Engagement/Public Comment: None.
5. Action/Discussion Items
- Payment Orders: TSA payment order to be done next month.
- Review and Approve Checkbook Reconciliation.
- Update on Act 46 Process: Kris did not get to meet the new SU yet to discuss our single side by side proposal and will follow up on that in then next week or two. We discuss how we’d need to have the following districts allow us to be a single side by side vote along with us to allow us to be a single side by side: Woodstock, Pomfret, Bridgewater, Reading, Plymouth, and Killington. We will try to get our proposal on the WCSU Board agenda and Kris will meet with the Superintendent by then too if possible. Our plan would be to have a Town School District Meeting in October to be able to submit the proposal to the SBE by November.
Ray moves to have a Special School District Meeting on Wednesday October 11th at 7 p.m. the Town Hall to discuss Act 46 plan to submit to the State Board of Education. Kris seconds and approved unanimously. Kris to follow up with Patti to warn the meeting 30 days in advance.
6. Reports: Richard reports on FY 17 budget, less kids and more SPED reimbursement contributed to a significant balance being brought forward…approximately $330k. Audit starts next month for the SU. The audit will acknowledge our town books (cash accounting) and the SU books (accrual). New Superintendent seems to be working well team building. Kris asks to have the WCSU bills come to us twice year rather than once a year and Richard agrees.
7. Agenda Setting for September Meeting: Ray moves to have September regular school board meeting early, on September 6th at 7p.m.. Kris seconds and approved unanimously.
8. Adjournment: Kris moves to adjourn at 8 p.m. and A.J. seconds and approved unanimously.
Minutes respectfully submitted by A.J. Ruben