Minutes of August 16, 2017
MEMBERS PRESENT: Suana Rubin, Marsha Hopkins and Jennifer Howard.
1. The meeting was called to order by Suana at 6:30pm at the Town Office.
2. The minutes from the July 11th, 2017 meeting were read. Jennifer made a motionto accept, seconded by Suana, all in favor.
3. Agenda Modifications: Mail
4. Discussion re Energy Grants – correction to Agenda, MPG Economic Vitality Grant
- Jennifer lead discussion regarding grant opportunities. The grant’s main purpose is for economically disadvantaged and disabled populations and how to make the town more viable to accommodate those needs. After discussion with everyone present, it was decided that Pittsfield needed a specific purpose and have the plan and the details of plan worked out so when applying for grant monies, the funds could be utilized to their best advantage. The Commission decided to pass on this grant and start working with the community members to see what we needed to do in town, who the players would be, designate locations and investigate costs associated with the specific need. The Commission decided to start working on this and would discuss at October meeting.
- Marsha said she went to Neighborworks and got all their information for display and was given an overview by one of their employees. She also said she had commitments from Green Mountain Power and Efficiency Vermont and both would have booths for the event. Sarah Gallagher let the commission know by email that she had a commitment from Catamount Solar. Marsha is waiting on Erica Hurd to find out where and when all these vendors could set up.
Next meeting scheduled for October 10 at 6:30pm. Meeting adjourned at 7:20pm.
The MINUTES of _______________, 2017 were duly APPROVED